shafan
Level 2: Rookie

Apple TV connection issues

Hi there,

I recently started having issues with Apple TV not connecting to iTunes Store via Telstra internet. The issue is intermittent. I have had Apple check it out and they advise it is a connection issue with my internet and/or modem. Likely a security setting. 

Can anyone help here??

Shaun.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Apple TV connection issues

If it is an intermittent problem, then it is unlikely to be a security setting as that would tend to act as a permanent block on the service.

What is your internet connection like generally? Does it slow down greatly during peak times? It could be a momentary lack of bandwidth causing the issue.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
shafan
Level 2: Rookie

Thanks so much for reply. Appreciate it.

I am one of the lucky ones. I am on ADSL2 and get about 15 MBPS download. About 1 MBPS. Close to the exchange. It's very reliable. The issue will occur at any time. Sometimes when ATV is just turned on or maybe during a movie. Screen just goes back to having "Settings" and "Computer" icons. 

If I disconnect the connection from the internet, (Wireless or Ethernet), and connect to mobile phone via hotspot, it works fine. Then reconnnect back to home internet, then away it goes without issue.

Telstra are installing NBN in area and problem has been since then. Not sure if that has anything to do with it or just a convenient conspiracy theory for me. LOL.

Regards,

Shaun.

Jupiter

If the NBN is being rolled out (not done by Telstra btw), there can be intermittent dropouts when the NBN Co contractors are working on the pillar/pit doing preparatory works. This would generally only happen during daylight hours though.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit