Turbo_Z
Level 1: Cadet

Apply for NBN online but receive no order confirmation email

I believe my online application of NBN is successful with an order reference number starting with "NA" given on screen at the end of process. It said I will receive an order confirmation email shortly but nothing happened. Tried to contact Telstra customer service and found that it is next to impossible to go through. Without confirmation email and order number I can't check my status and no idea if Telstra is really processing my application. As the date of ADSL termination is scheduled next month so I am worried. 

My question is that is late confirmation email normal and I will get it at last so I better wait or no confirmation email means Telstra is not processing my order at all? 

I wonder what I should do next.  

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
cf4
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Apply for NBN online but receive no order confirmation email

It could take a day or two for confirmation email. If you have been waiting over a few days try contacting Telstra online using the messaging function in the get help section of the My Telstra App. If the app is sending you round in circles leave a message that you wish to be contacted by a consultant. 

Turbo_Z

Thanks. Might try to visit my local Telstra store after the holiday to see if one can help locate my order. BTW my wife also applied NBN for another location from other ISP the same date as mine and immediately got confirmation email and equipment shipping notification after. That makes me regret going with Telstra and now stuck. 

Turbo_Z

Received chat message reply from Telstra after half day of wait. They keep asking for my order number from their order confirmation email. I have to repeat myself that I have received no email so I don't have one. Then they asked for my name and birth date. Minutes later they said they can't find my account. All that I can do is wait another day for the confirmation email and come back again.

Sure they can't find my account because I just lodged my application online and no account is created yet. The order reference number given at the end of my application starting with "NA" is totally useless. Will see if store staffs can do their magic and help.

Turbo_Z

Visit my local Telstra shop today and have to start my application all over again because the staff there can't find anything in my name. Did not show much interest helping until he found out that I am a new customer trying to join Telstra and attitude changed 180 degree. Everything then goes smoothly. Don't know when I can get connected as the demand for NBN is high with ADSL cut off date approaching fast. Might end up without internet at the gap. Hopefully not. But at least I believe I am on the right track. 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit