MarkZuckerberg
Level 4: Private Eye

Are Telstra Still Adding ADSL Exchanges?

Hello,

Unfortantly I live to far away from the closest exchange, and can't get ADSL.

I was wondering, is Telstra still adding/upgrading ADSL exchanges, or are they getting ready for the NBN?

Thanks,
Mark

The views I express are my own, and are not the views of Telstra, or anyone else unless specifically stated. Please use common sense when following directions, and know that I can't take responsibility if something goes bad after you followed my advice.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
BMac
Level 13: Super Sleuth

Re: Are Telstra Still Adding ADSL Exchanges?

Hi MarkZuckerberg,

I would have thought with your billion dollar company some fibre would have been the first thing you installed! Smiley Tongue

Sorry I couldn't resist Smiley Happy

Short answer is no -  There are still some upgrades and top-hats being installed across Australia as per the Telstra Wholesale website but NBN is the way of the future, as far as I'm aware all new housing estates will be NBN only and I think economics will play a big part - why spend in excess of 6 figures to install a new piece of ADSL exchange equipment that will be ripped back out in (hopefully for us no more than) 10 years time when the NBN is installed?  Unfortunately that's the price we will have to pay now for the NBN future.

Hope this helps.

Please note that I am an Telstra employee posting in my own time and on my own volition, my opinions and advice are my own and do not constitute the views, values or policies of Telstra.

If you like my answer please Kudos my post Smiley Happy
MarkZuckerberg
Level 4: Private Eye

Re: Are Telstra Still Adding ADSL Exchanges?

Hi BMac,

@BMac wrote:

Hi MarkZuckerberg,

I would have thought with your billion dollar company some fibre would have been the first thing you installed! Smiley Tongue

Sorry I couldn't resist Smiley Happy

It's a multi-billion dollar company.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Thanks,
Mark

The views I express are my own, and are not the views of Telstra, or anyone else unless specifically stated. Please use common sense when following directions, and know that I can't take responsibility if something goes bad after you followed my advice.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit