Level 2: Rookie

assistance

Had landline disconnected and kept ADSL Internet ( no NBN here) since then the light on the modem ( Gen 2) has gone from green to blue and cant access emails via Microsoft outlook comes up server error. Every thing worked fine be fore disconnection.

Have contacted Telstra via chat line with out success 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: assistance

The modem has switched to 4G backup. When Telstra disconnected the landline the ADSL connection was probably disconnected at same time. I don't think Telstra sell ADSL connections without a landline.

On 4G backup modem only has a IPv6 address on the WAN. The PDP Type can be changed in the modem's LTE settings from IPv6 to IPv4v6 this will result in the modem having both a IPv4 and IPv6 address on LAN which might fix the problem with outlook mail. There are two models of the Gen 2 modem (DJA0231 and LH1000). If you want instructions on how to change PDP type would you post the model of the modem.

Level 2: Rookie

Thank you for your reply I would have thought that Telstra would have told me that . The model number DJA0231, I am not technically minded .

Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Yes, you can't have ADSL without a home phone service. Your service has probably been disconnected in its entirety.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

See Profiles in section 25 of the document linked in this post for how to change the PDP type.

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Modems-Hardware/Telstra-Smartmodem-Gen-2-Technicolor-version-...

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit