Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Auto migration ?

Answered

I currently have ADSL2+ phone line package. My area is now NBN ready, am I automatically put on some NBN plan or will i remain on ADSL2+ ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Auto migration ?

You will need to contact Telstra and request to be migrated to the NBN.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

You will need to contact Telstra and request to be migrated to the NBN.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thankyou,

I've been trying to ring 13 22 00 to ask about penalty if I cancel current package and go with TPG NBN ($20 cheaper/month)...they make it incredibly hard to get through...so I might bite the bullet and just cancel, had enough of this lousy customer service.

Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

It will be dependant on your current contract. If you are on one of the current no contract plans you would just pay for the days you have used their plan, if you are on an older contract plan it is generally a Portion of each month left on the contract. 

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Highlighted

Thanks,

I'm on a 2 yr contract, phone line + ADSL2+, $90/mth unlimited data

- I cannot believe I signed on for this at the time, I was dealing with a brain tumour just last Sept, definitely was not thinking straight there when I signed up!

- so there's 15 months left of contract = $1350

- TPG NBN50 (unlimited data) + phone @$70/mth = $1050 (for same period of 15 months)

- so the way I see it, if the penalty is about $300, I would switch immediately.

Highlighted

Just be careful with the switch. The pricing on the TPG plan doesn't include calls (adds between $10 and $20 per month depending on whether you make international calls or not from your home phone).

Highlighted
Level 22: Superhuman

@doode wrote:

Thanks,

I'm on a 2 yr contract, phone line + ADSL2+, $90/mth unlimited data

- I cannot believe I signed on for this at the time, I was dealing with a brain tumour just last Sept, definitely was not thinking straight there when I signed up!

- so there's 15 months left of contract = $1350

- TPG NBN50 (unlimited data) + phone @$70/mth = $1050 (for same period of 15 months)

- so the way I see it, if the penalty is about $300, I would switch immediately.

Hi @doode 

Even though you are under contract you can change to the current Telstra plans (If your current one doesn't include unlimited calls). It wouldn't start a new contract as there no longer contracts with Telstra, but just continue your current one until it is finished.

It would be best to contact Telstra to find out what the termination fees would be. From memory, it's not $90 per month left, but I recall it something like $15 per month. You would also be charged $9 per month left for the modem (If you got a new one of them at the time).

Try calling 13 22 00 and say disconnect to the bot lady. Before COVID-19 that would put you through to the team in Adelaide (8AM to 9PM). I'm not sure if that is currently operating but worth a try.

Otherwise, you need to use the message option within the My Telstra App.

More information on how to leave a message via the My Telstra app can be found at
https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Accounts-Plans/How-to-message-with-us-in-the-My-Telstra-app/t...

Someone keeps putting vegetables in my beer crisper
Highlighted

Thanks for info and link,

if penalty is not $90 x 15 then that would be a relief. I did call 132200 to hope to talk to someone and clarify the penalty (or  even explore Telstra NBN options)...but I think the bot lady curtly ended my call....well thanks LOL, that's a quick way to lose customers.

Thanks again everyone for helping.

(ps: my tumour was removed and was told it's not coming back........for another 50 yrs)

Highlighted

Hi @doode 

Just be aware TPG isn't having success in dealing with their customers at this time either. Googling will show you the complaints.

Until they, Telstra/TPG , can get their overseas call centers back online to normal operations the app is the best way to get what you may need.

Someone keeps putting vegetables in my beer crisper
Highlighted

I've accepted this as solution...with the fineprint from my contract:

by default, if I don't do anything, Telstra will continue to provide my ADSL2+ (and phone) service until whoever won the election tell them to kill off ADSL and copper line.

Realistically, I should ride out Covid19 coz if I kickstart the switch now, there could be some problems and I don't like my chances of getting thru to either Telstra or company XYZ.

Highlighted

and verdict is in, this is official words from nbnco: (I'll revisit this in Sept, I guess)

An important update

With the impact of the COVID-19 crisis placing added pressure on some phone and internet providers, getting connected with an nbn™ powered plan may take longer than expected.

You can still connect with an nbn™ powered plan during this time. However, it's a good idea to check your preferred phone and internet provider's app or website first for the latest information. Due to extremely high call volumes and a shortage in staffing levels, you may experience some delay with your provider processing your request.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit