Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Back to base alarm on the NBN

Hi,

I have a back to base alarm monitoring system. My security providor tells me my alarm is capable of running on the NBN but it needs to be plugged into the UNI-V port of the NTD. 

Just wondering what Telstra has in the way of bundles as they all seem to come with a standard Voip service running through the gateway which is not useful in this instance. (and it is not battery backed) 

I'm interested in the M 200gb plan for $93 per month. Can the voip service be removed and the normal voice service added without causing me a huge cost blowout.... Besides I don't even use the home line other than for the alarm. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Back to base alarm on the NBN

Hi Alista, 

I'd recommend calling and speaking to our NBN team about this, so they can let you know what your options are, and the pricing etc. 

They are available on 132200 and (say NBN)

M - F: 08:00 - 20:00 EST
SAT: 09:00 - 17:00 EST
SUN: CLOSED

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Back to base alarm on the NBN

Hi Alista,
What type of alarm system is it, a lot of alarm systems these days have ip module add-ons. This simply means you can plug the alarms ip module into one of your internet modem ports, which can then either report signal to you via email or simply back to you Monitoring Company using the internet. It sounds high tech but they are very cost effective as you wont have to add the Uni-V.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit