beRadical
Level 2: Rookie

Bigpond Cable cancelled 5 days prior to NBN install appointment

About a month ago I confirmed my order to switch from Bigpond Cable to NBN.

Originally requested date of connection was 15th May, however it ended up being 22nd which was only confirmed on the 15th - I'd been waiting expecting that day to be connection time.

It's the 17th May now and my existing Bigpond cable connection has been disconnected today.

I called Telstra support and after 30 mins on the phone (hold for most of it) the operator just said the NBN install appointment was set for 22nd and seemed a bit confused why I was dissapointed at having no internet for 5 days - her care factor was decidely underwhelming.

I asked to speak to a Manager, once transferred he said he understood and would try to re-enable the bigpond connection or move forward the NBN date (said he's talk to NBN sales, though I'm doubtful that'd be possible) - while on hold the call was disconnected. After disconection I haven't received a call back.

So as it stands I have no internet for 5 days (which I presume I'm paying for) and am at a loss as to how to rectify/improve the situation.

I understand a disconnection of Bigpond prior to NBN install (on the day, or perhaps even at worst day before), but 5 days is rediculous.

Not sure what to do - not happy.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
MammaB
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Bigpond Cable cancelled 5 days prior to NBN install appointment

Hi, I am so very sorry about this. We do have a dedicated NBN Team who may be able to look at the possibility of bringing your appt date closer. There is no way to reconnect your ADSL in the interrim. The NBN Team is available on 1800 834 273.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

beRadical

I've had 2 seperate representatives on the phone advise me they're checking with them (NBN Team) and they'd get back to me with a call back if something could be done - I'm still waiting.

I had cable, not ADSL.

I appreciate acknowledgement of the issue but nothing's been offered in terms of advice outside what's already been offered to me after far too long on hold.

Telstra obviously don't care enough to do some follow through. Even if there was no way to reconnect it'd be nice to at least be told so and offered something to soften the blow (e.g. extra data on mobile over the period).

AlistairQWA
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

If rolling back the change or pushing the NBN appointment forward, then additional prepaid mobile data will be an option that the case managers can look into.

- AlistairQWA

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Georgie
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi @beRadical,

How did you go with arranging additional data with the case manager as AlistairQWA advised?

-Georgie

beRadical

Hi @Georgie - I never had a call back from Telstra so no progress. The NBN appointment is this afternoon so hopefully that goes fine and I'm connected again.

Georgie
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Thanks for letting me know. Keep us posted with how you go after the NBN appointment this arvo.

-Georgie

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit