Chillfactor
Level 2: Rookie

Bigpond Cable - data usage meter does not work.

I haven't been able to view my data usage meter for 2 1/2 months, when I migrated from a Basic Home Line rental (using a 3rd-party ADSL 2+ connection) to a Home Line/Cable 'bundle' .  I have been throttled/shaped in that time so clearly the information is floating around somewhere!

1 Call and 2 live chats later I have basically given up.  I was told that all people on the 'bundles' (so, basically every new member since the end of last year since that is the standard now) experience the issue and that they were working through fixing them.  Apparently it is a 'Website' issue and nothing anyone else can do.

It doesn't strike me as comforting that the largest Telco in the country can't provide a working usage meter (apparently in months of effort) yet somehow is able to throttle/shape users! 

Being told to log in occassionaly (which I have been doing for the last 4-6 weeks to no avail) to see if the issue has been corrected is not really the response I was after.

I can see through the posts that I am not the only one with this issue.  Have anyone actually had it resolved?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
34 REPLIES 34
Steph
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Bigpond Cable - data usage meter does not work.

Hi Chillfactor, 

We are working to resolve the issue for anyone still affected by this issue. 

Did our consultants advise that they had submitted your details to our IT team to resolve this for you? 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Chillfactor

Good morning Steph,

I recall being told the team was still working to resolve the issue.

I dont recall being advised that my details were 'being submitted' (which doesn't mean that I wasn't), but I was definately advised to check occassionally to see if it was working again (about 6 weeks ago I guess).  Unfortunately, it is not.

Will

Chillfactor

Steph,

Whatever you did worked a treat... I now have a usage meter!!!

I can't thank you enough!

Smiley Happy

Chillfactor

Esther
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Great to hear! Thanks for letting us know Smiley Happy

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

OMG_HELP
Level 4: Private Eye

I too don't have a usage meter. Is this something I need to complain about there before I get it or will this happen automatically?

I really don't want to tell you that I have only been with Telstra Cable for just under a week now because I fear you are going to tell me that is the reason I don't have a uage meter.

Can someone please get in touch with me and fix the usage meter?

ShannonD
Support Team
Support Team

Hi OMG_HELP,

You should do, is it a business or residential account?

Are you able to log into My Account? http://tel.st/cpyn

If not, please have a chat to us via http://tel.st/8qpr & we'll be able to assist you

You should then be able to download the 24x7 app http://www.telstra.com.au/my-account/telstra-24x7-app/ (if available for your device)

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

OMG_HELP

It's a residential account.

Yes I can log ino My Account but it always says Usage is unavailable.

Yes I do have the App and it too can't give a my usage.

Ben_J
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi OMG_HELP,

I assume you have not had your first bill issue yet? It's not typical for the usage meter to be unavailable initially, but I have seen cases where it doesn't kick in until the first bill cycle ticks over.

Regardless of the current status of the usage meter in My Account and the 24x7 app, you will still receive notifications via email if and when your Cable service reaches the 50%, 80% and 100% thresholds.

If the usage meter is still not available after the first new bill cycle begins, please let us know here and we will contact you to have the matter escalated.

OMG_HELP

Thanks. I have contacted support and someone is now investigating.

OMG_HELP

Still not fixed... How hard can it be???Smiley Frustrated

Renee
Support Team
Support Team

Heya OMG_HELP,

Definitely keen to check this out, do you happen to have an SR-1 reference number at all?

If you don't, please send through a private message and we'll go from there.

OMG_HELP

No, but I have this one: 

ACT1-176695786504

Renee
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks OMG_HELP, we will need an SR-1 reference number to follow up.

Could you please send me a private message and we'll get you to send through your details securely.

OMG_HELP

How do I private message you?
Renee
Support Team
Support Team

If you'd like I can send you a private message and then you can reply to that. Smiley Happy

OMG_HELP

Sure
Renee
Support Team
Support Team

Awesome, I've sent you a private message, we'll work from there, thanks OMG_HELP. Smiley Happy

OMG_HELP

Working now, thanks

ChalisMaximus
Level 1: Cadet

Not sure if I'm posting in the right place, but I too am having the same problem.

I'm a few months into my plan, had a few live chat conversations with Telstra about my data useage meter not working.

I've been told my details have been passed on and that it's being worked on.

That was about a month ago.

Still no change.

ShannonD
Support Team
Support Team

Hi ChalisMaximus,

To confirm, is this via My Account http://tel.st/cpyn or our 24x7 app http://www.telstra.com.au/my-account/telstra-24x7-app/ or both?

If My Account, have you tried clearing your cache & browsing data to see if this helps?

If 24x7 app, have you tried to force close the app & reopen? If this doesn't help, I'd recommend deleting & reinstalling the app & then logging back in. 

Let me know how you go

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

ChalisMaximus

Hello ShannonD,

This is through My Account.

I have deleted my "temporary files, history, cookies, saved passwords and web form information" if that's what you mean by cache?

It didn't help Smiley Sad

ShannonD
Support Team
Support Team

Hi ChalisMaximus,

What browser & version are you using? 

Have you tried in an alternate browser? 

To confirm, you're able to log into MyAccount however you can see your services but not see your usage at all? 

Do you use the 24x7 app? Can you view usage there? 

ChalisMaximus

I'm using the latest version of Internet Explorer.

I've tried the lastest versions of Firefox and Google Chrome. Same result.

Yes, I can log into my account and see everything else fine, but under the "Plans & Usage" section, I see:

"We are unable to display your services because:

• You may have requested to deactivate the services associated with this account
  • Services are temporarily unavailable - we apologise for the inconvenience, please try again later"

I have been on this plan for almost 3 months now. Paid two bills. It's always said as above.

I don't have the app, nor would that help me, as I have nothing to view it on.

ShannonD
Support Team
Support Team

Hi ChalisMaximus,

It seems to be working ok on my end

I'd recommend having a chat to our 24x7 MyAccount team via http://tel.st/8qpr

They'll be able to investigate what's happening with the account & why this isn't showing data for you

Let me know how you go 

Nenenene1

Hi there, 

I am also having the same issue on my account with usage reading at 0% used (days left counter seems to be working OK)

Also when I log in to my account and go to manage email addresses there is an error message on the account saying:

One or more of your BigPond service/s has been temporarily suspended.

Some of your online account functions are not available until your service is reactivated. Please call a Customer Service Representative on 13 POND (13 7663) for more information on how to resolve your temporary suspension, quoting reference number SSC0008.

which doesn't allow me to create a new email address

IvanS
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Nenenene1

Welcome to CrowdSupport Smiley Happy 

If you can log into the BigPond side here: https://myaccount.bigpond.com/MyServices.do does it still show no usage? 

Note: you may need to try twice, as it can initially take you to the Telstra My Account page. 

Once you able to view both, we can potentially narrow it down to the main My Account, or the BigPond usage system.

In regards to the email issue, have a chat to our tech support team (open 24/7) on 133933 or live chat here: http://tel.st/gq6m it might be main username related. 

Also both tech and billing teams can help check our main systems to see if usage is reported correctly for the internet service. 

Ivan

Nenenene1

Hi there, if i log in using that link you provided it shows as 0% used,  

however if i log in at https://myaccount.bigpond.com/MyServices.do it shows i have used 77GB (but on the usage breakdowns it shows all data used on the current day as unrated usage )

IvanS
Support Team
Support Team

ok so it sounds like the main system is picking up on usage, and could be 'My Account' related. 

Just to initially check, would be best to contact tech support team on the details I have provided above, and they can check for you. If they can determine it is a system issue, they can lodge this and get it fixed. 

If all looks ok for the main usage counter, and it is simply the My Account not showing these details, then our My Account team can follow this up for you. 

Possible to call our My Account team (open 24/7) on 1800266000 and also via live chat here: http://tel.st/8qpr

Smiley Happy

Ivan

Rokstar

Mine doesn't work either.

I've only been a Telstra Cable customer for less than a month, and the webpage alrways tells me there has been an error retrieving my usage. Try again later.

Cmon Telstra - this should be basically stuff when you advertise data quantity based packaged.

R

@Chillfactor wrote:

I haven't been able to view my data usage meter for 2 1/2 months, when I migrated from a Basic Home Line rental (using a 3rd-party ADSL 2+ connection) to a Home Line/Cable 'bundle' .  I have been throttled/shaped in that time so clearly the information is floating around somewhere!

1 Call and 2 live chats later I have basically given up.  I was told that all people on the 'bundles' (so, basically every new member since the end of last year since that is the standard now) experience the issue and that they were working through fixing them.  Apparently it is a 'Website' issue and nothing anyone else can do.

It doesn't strike me as comforting that the largest Telco in the country can't provide a working usage meter (apparently in months of effort) yet somehow is able to throttle/shape users! 

Being told to log in occassionaly (which I have been doing for the last 4-6 weeks to no avail) to see if the issue has been corrected is not really the response I was after.

I can see through the posts that I am not the only one with this issue.  Have anyone actually had it resolved?

thedylan
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Sorry to hear that Rokstar,

Have you had a chat to our My Account Online Team on 1800 266 000 about your problems viewing your usage there?

-Dylan

Joannecarroll1

• I too have been experiencing this issue with the usage meter not working for some time at least six weeks.

a number of calls and still to no avail in being told tonight it will take 2- 4 weeks to resolve?

have been reviewing how to progress with my account as I am looking at streaming services but cannot determine my usage so what capacity account do I need?

getting to.d you just have to wait whilst you are still paying for premium services that are not delivering which is why you review your costs whether to remove Foxtel or not but no usage statistics mean no decision supporting information so no decision keep delaying and keep billing.

Darkman1969

We have the same problem. We can't access the online usage meter. Keeps saying to try again later. Bigpond Support keep saying to wait a couple of days. Been broken for a few weeks that we know of now. What do you have to do to get things fixed with Telstra/Bigpond?

Regards

PaulPerryman
Level 3: Gumshoe

Still no news? i was living at a different address up until last week and on a different account and it was working fine,

I move house setup a new account and no useage meter

also the 24x7 app no longer works just sais i have no privillages yet i can login to the old account and it still works

TimBartel
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey PaulPerryman,

Have a chat with us just here:  http://tel.st/8qpr so we can take a look into why your move would have had this effect on your My Account and 24x7 app views.

Cheers, Tim 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit