tehsid
Level 1: Cadet

Bigpond Ultimate Cable Slow as of a few months ago

Hi guys. I've been with telstra for 3 years now. Its been great, up until about 3 or 4 months ago where the speeds from 4pm onward have been horrid. Where I once got 100mbps+, I'm now lucky to crack 13.4mbps. Its now worse then ADSL 2+.

I get that the there are more people on at this time. I understand - but I'm paying for something that I can only really use at peak time, but getting worse then what normal base plan could get.

Anyway. Its now 11:17pm. And its getting slowly better, but it sucks that it's a problem at all.

Here is a speed test as of now. I wish I'd saved the few I'd done tonight, but thems the ropes.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/4769824137.png

Any idea what's going on? Any eta on a fix?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
ProfessorPhone
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Bigpond Ultimate Cable Slow as of a few months ago

Hello,

I believe there could be  reasons casing your issues.

The new movie download services are causing extensive slowing of the internet in general.

Telstra, knowing that cable will continue under the ownership of NBN,   are seemingly adding more new customers than previously, as it was planned to discontinue the HFC cable system under the previous government.

This government has sold the HFC network to NBN who plan to bolster it, abd are assuming control suburb by suburb as they install NBN.

Re apparent congestion, below is  a trouble-shooting Telstra document you can consider

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Home-Broadband-KB/How-To-Troubleshoot-Speed-Issues/ta-p/27813...

I am sorry that I cannot offer you more, but you may also wish to have Telstra Cable Support run some remote tests on your line,  You can ring them on 133 933

Thank you

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"
tehsid
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks for the post, but alas no luck. Todays speed test was the worst I've had.... Not happy Smiley Sad

http://www.speedtest.net/result/4777244874.png
Kenobi
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi thesid, 

Our Tech Support team would be the best guys to speak to about this issue.  They will be able to run some tests on your connection and send out a field tech to investiagate this further.  They can be contacted on 133 93 or via Live Chat

- Ben

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit