Level 1: Cadet

Bill payed but service still slow.

Recently, I forgot to pay my bill on time and as a result Telstra slowed my services. I went ahead and payed my bill in full once I noticed. Immediately I tried to contact Telstra to have my usual speeds reinstated but encountered many errors along the way. I attempted to call Telstra on the phone only to be received by a robot several times. Eventually I got through to someone who went ahead and put something through for me and after a few hours I had service back on my mobile phone with 4g. However my home internet speed is still slowed. Today, I managed to get through to someone using the Telstra app on my phone who put through an order and gave a me a tracking number. This seems like a really unusual process to me, and the order has been processing for several hours. In the past, I've had a similar issues where I was able to contact Telstra and have the issue totally resolved within 10 minutes, so why is it now taking days to restore my home internet speed. 150kbps max is pretty much unusable, I have exams next week and it's making study increasingly difficult. I'm looking for some form of explanation here, it seems it should be just like the flick of a switch?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Bill payed but service still slow.

Many things in Telstra are taking much longer than they used to, it is all blamed on Covid but is probably down to other issues within Telstra unfortunately.

Don't lose that tracking/reference number...

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Bill payed but service still slow.

Hi Silky, are the speeds still running slow?

If they are have you tried shooting a message through to the support team on the My Telstra app?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit