MLCU
Level 2: Rookie

Bill wrong and T-gateway dropping out

Where to start?

A month ago my email account sent spam, in spite of having the full Bigpond security. So I rang Telstra to ask what I could do about it. After 2 hours on the phone I no longer had a working modem. The promised level 2 techie never called back. After another phone call and another two hours, I was sent a new T-gateway. I was also promised the 5 days of no internet access would be reimbursed.

Since the new T-gateway I have had constant interruptions to internet service and it's getting worse. Yesterday I had to run diagnostics or turn the modem off about five times in a couple of hours. Just about every day I've had to run diagnostics at least once.  I never had a problem with the old modem.

And we didn't receive a May bill. Just received the June and it includes an amount carried forward from May so I printed the May one off the website.

It says it's for $102, but it only totals $81. But that's ok because it then explains there's a $21 "rounding".

And there is a credit for $17 that mysteriously turns into a credit for $38. And there is no charge for the first half of the month when I was on the 2gb plan. But they billed me not only for the half of that month I was on the 5gb plan, but also for the full may-june month @ 5gb, even though this is also billed on the June bill.

And if they credited the 5 days I didn't have internet access, it's not obvious. Unless it's the mysterious $17/$38.

Oh, and for the last couple of weeks the phone line crackles so much you can hardly hear. I tried the moden with/without filter but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
MLCU

Re: Bill wrong and T-gateway dropping out

I thought this service was supposed to give me answers!
Do you know, when you log back in you're not even presented with a list of your own posts. Nor does searching on your user name find it - I had to search by topic!
Phone now nothing but crackles and hisses. I tried phoning 132200 but all I got was crackling.
MLCU

Update: A Private message in my inbox! At last, a response from Telstra, I think.
This is the message:

Congratulations! You have a new rank in Telstra Crowdsupport

Gee, thanks Telstra.
Brodie_Telstra
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey MLCU,

Sorry for the long delay in responding. Just a FYI for the future, this isn't intended to be an instant response contact method. Anything urgent still needs to go through phone or LiveChat Smiley Happy

If you haven't already, I suggest calling as soon as you can. It looks like you have a few issues here that are unrelated. We'd need to investigate the drops, as well as possible reimbursement for the service. 

Brodie

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit