dakeeper
Level 1: Cadet

blacklisted by FortiGuard

Of late I have been seeing telstra IP blocked by my clients in japan due to spam reputation.. eg today:

203.38.21.2 is blacklisted by FortiGuard. This email from IP  has been rejected. The email message was detected as spam.

Please reply to <Postmaster@bpe.nexus.telstra.com.au>
if you feel this message to be in error.

You send an email to that address and this is what you get back:

Delivery has failed to these recipients or distribution lists:

SRQ_Internal28@online.telstra.com
The recipient's mailbox is full and can't accept messages now. Microsoft Exchange will not try to redeliver this message for you. Please try resending this message later, or contact the recipient directly.

How fantastically helpful is that Telstra? Could anyone advise how to go about getting this resolved. Clearly no-one takes this seriously at Telstra or the nominated inbox would function. Same result whenever Ive emailed this address over the last month.

Thanks, Stephen

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Shellock
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: blacklisted by FortiGuard

I followed up on this for you and I was advised that postmaster@bigpond.com  forwards to several mailboxes. The recipient that failed is one that is no longer in use. Because you let us know about this, we have been able to remove the forward to that inactive mailbox so that others in future will not receive this error message. 

Have you received any response to that email yet?

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

dakeeper
Level 1: Cadet

No reply. Including to one i sent many weeks ago. 

Shellock
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

I did follow up on this and I searched that IP address on Fortigaurds website and it no longer appears to be blacklisted.

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit