Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Blue light on my Gen 2 Modem. Help Please

Hi

This is a brand new modem and i just connected my gen 2 modem to an nbn network however the light on the tower is blue. How do i fix this? tech support on 132200 is not at all helpful and redirects me to the telstra app which again constantly redirects me to help page which is not helpful in resolving this. Please help.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Blue light on my Gen 2 Modem. Help Please

What colour are the lights on the back of the modem? You can leave a message in the messaging function in the help section of the app for someone to get in contact with you. They will use the app to contact you so either leave it open or make sure that allow notifications from app are turned on in the settings of the phone or Tablet the app is installed on.

Highlighted

Thank you cf4 for your reply.

The lights on the back are all green mostly however sometimes the mobile signal is yellow

Also when i connect to the modems admin page, I can see that it is running in "backup mode"

Highlighted

sometimes the mobile signal is yellow

Also when i connect to the modems admin page, I can see that it is running in "backup mode"

Highlighted

The mobile signal light indicates the strength of the received mobile signal and switching to yellow does not indicate  fault. The colour of the WAN / DSL and Online light indicate problems with the NBN link. If the WAN / DSL is not green it would indicate a fault with the NBN link or the modem's DSL port (FTTN and FTTB connections ) or WAN port (All other NBN connections has not been connected properly. 

Highlighted

I am using the adsl filter with one end going to the wall socket and the other end going to the PSTN and DSL connections on the modem! Nothing is connected  to the cable outlet on the wall Smiley Indifferent I am not sure if that is the correct way to connect. Is there a diagram / user manual as to how i should setup my connections ?

Should I even be using the ADSL filter?

Highlighted

If you have an ADSL connection connect as per link below.

https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/broadband/other/self-install-instructions-for-adsl-conne...

Wall  Phone Socket ---------- (Wall Socket Port) Filter (ADSL Modem) --------(DSL Port) Modem

(Local Phone Port)----(PSTN Port) Modem

Highlighted

Thank you cf4 for the connections link.

I was also able to get Telstra help on chat

Also went to the store which processed my order. It turns out the order got stuck at the backend for nbn (!?!?) and they will have to cancel that existing order and create a new one. I think i will also have to get a replacement modem from the store. Hopefully after all this it will work (fingers crossed). Been frustrated working off the hotspot on my phone which is proving expensive and slow.

Thank you for your replies and help.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit