BigBird99
Level 2: Rookie

both Telstra and NBN unwilling to fix issue

Answered

I am struggling to get my issue fixed and i am absolutely beyond frustrated.

On 2nd April my line went dead.. no phone and modem was in permeant 4G backup mode.

Had 3 technicians come out only to look in the pit for 1 minute then leave, About 3 weeks later the modem finally switched off backup mode and the line was fixed... but with awful speeds!

I have been told by Telstra that NBN said that they needed to replace some cables and that i needed to give it one month for this to be completed.. it NEVER happened and instead of fixing the issue they closed the case and said it was fixed. It's not! 

I have always got a steady 52Mbps download and 18Mpbs upload.. that has now dropped to 32Mbps and 8Mpbs upload. I do not want to pay another bill but yet cannot be credited until the problem gets fixed, But nobody is willing to fix the issue. I called 3 times last week and all 3 times i got hung up on! this is simply disgusting service. 

After ALL day trying to contact Telstra i finally got in touch with someone who booked yet another technician.. and of course i got no sms confirming and nobody showed up. 

I am paying for a service i am not getting and i payed for a service i didn't get at all for 1 month and i cannot be credited! 

Is there any solution to this besides cancelling and going with Aussie broadband? 

and this is not the first time this has happened either. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Re: both Telstra and NBN unwilling to fix issue

If it is a problem on the cable carrying the internet service, then that is an NBN matter. But only Telstra can arrange for the fault to be fixed..

And if it is an NBN issue, changing to another provider might not help either, because in most cases they use the NBN service anyway..

You could try making a complaint at https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/Email-Complaint   especially if you have details of previous arrangements and reference numbers.  it will take a few days for someone to take action on the complaint but it might get it resolved sooner than waiting for support to get it done.

I'd suggest getting your modem to switch to 4G backup mode (by disconnecting the WAN or DSL cable from the modem) but your service is still providing better numbers...

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!

View solution in original post

Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

If it is a problem with the cables in the street and they need to be replaced, then it is going to be a matter of waiting for NBN Co (who own them) to replace them. There is very little that Telstra can do once they have requested that NBN Co looks at the problem.

Changing provider won't help in this case as the cables are still the same cables and will still need to be replaced for the problem to be fixed.

Now for the kicker. NBN Co may be in no hurry to replace the cables as your service is still capable of providing as service in excess of the minimum requirement (25/4Mbps).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
SteveW_52
Accepted Solution

If it is a problem on the cable carrying the internet service, then that is an NBN matter. But only Telstra can arrange for the fault to be fixed..

And if it is an NBN issue, changing to another provider might not help either, because in most cases they use the NBN service anyway..

You could try making a complaint at https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/Email-Complaint   especially if you have details of previous arrangements and reference numbers.  it will take a few days for someone to take action on the complaint but it might get it resolved sooner than waiting for support to get it done.

I'd suggest getting your modem to switch to 4G backup mode (by disconnecting the WAN or DSL cable from the modem) but your service is still providing better numbers...

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!

Jupiter
Accepted Solution

If it is a problem with the cables in the street and they need to be replaced, then it is going to be a matter of waiting for NBN Co (who own them) to replace them. There is very little that Telstra can do once they have requested that NBN Co looks at the problem.

Changing provider won't help in this case as the cables are still the same cables and will still need to be replaced for the problem to be fixed.

Now for the kicker. NBN Co may be in no hurry to replace the cables as your service is still capable of providing as service in excess of the minimum requirement (25/4Mbps).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit