LazarusBJ
Level 2: Rookie

Brighton Outage affecting cable internet

Answered

Telstra’s self diagnosis has confirmed this outage. It ran all last week and 12/6 was supposed to be end date. My upload speed is 0.2mbps!

It got better for 24 hours. Now the outage is back with a fix date of 17/6!

I have had to use mobile broadband which ripped thru 30GB ($150) in about 3 days, so this outage is only helping Telstra earn more revenue!

WHY IS IT TAKING SO LONG?

PEOPLE SHOULD BE ENTITLED TO CHEAP MOBILE PACKS

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LazarusBJ
Accepted Solution

Re: Brighton Outage affecting cable internet

Great to know - thanks!

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Assuming that the outage is still ongoing, you will be waiting for NBN Co to fix the problem (as they own and operate the HFC network in Brighton, Victoria and Brighton, Queensland).

Once the outage is resolved, you can contact billing to organise a credit on your account for the duration of the outage.

If you don't have a Smart Modem, then you should discuss that with Telstra as well as it has 4G backup for use during outages (note: speeds are limited and downloads are shaped after 30GB in a billing month - which you can get reset by asking a Telstra consultant to lodge the webform to reset the shaping).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
LazarusBJ
Accepted Solution

Great to know - thanks!

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit