CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

broadband connection

Answered

Hi I am the landlord for a property. I have an inquiry about broadband connection. The property I own has an internet connection to the tenants. The address has been divided in two with the rear of the property having lane way access. The rear section of the property has an office seperate from the tenant. Would it be possible to have broadband to the office with a seperate account to the tenant.This is not a subdivision. If so what would be the first step in this process.  Kind regards Shane.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: broadband connection

The availability would depend greatly on the type of NBN connection is available to your property.

Your only step would be to apply for a second physical connection to the property, this would require you to sign up for a service. This request would then go to NBN Co and they will either approve it, or knock it back.

If your block is serviced by FTTP, then you could run an ethernet cable from the NTD in the house out to the office and get a second service quite easily. All other options would require a second physical cable to be installed from the street.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

The availability would depend greatly on the type of NBN connection is available to your property.

Your only step would be to apply for a second physical connection to the property, this would require you to sign up for a service. This request would then go to NBN Co and they will either approve it, or knock it back.

If your block is serviced by FTTP, then you could run an ethernet cable from the NTD in the house out to the office and get a second service quite easily. All other options would require a second physical cable to be installed from the street.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks very much for your reply Jupiter you haver been very helpful. I will try and find out if it is a fttp connection Kind regards

Highlighted

Type the address in to the search bar at www.nbnco.com.au and it will tell you the connection type.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit