pinkpetunia
Level 3: Gumshoe

broadband plans

We have 50 gb monthly allowance on our home broadband and 4 gb allowance on our telstra 4g wireless mobile. As we intend to go away for several months in our caravan does anyone know if I ican ncrease our allowance on our wireless mobile and decrease on our home broadband without incurring extra costs? I would have thought by now that Telstra would have introduced a wireless device for grey nomads that allows them to hook into their home broadband when travelling. Any clues? Thank you!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
ProfessorPhone
Level 23: Superhero

Re: broadband plans

Hello, I very much doubt it, but I do not have access to Telstra's systems, to be sure.

Whilst I doubt it, you can ring them on 132200   or 133 933

or 24/7 Live chat    https://livechat.telstra.com/TCOM:Crowdsupport:Consumer

Hope that assists you

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"
Yeldarb
Level 20: Director

The new Telstra Air may be of assistance to you. https://www.telstra.com.au/broadband/telstra-air/how-it-works I believe 25GB is the maximum available to the 4G plans. If you are out of contract on your home broadband I think you can vary your plan up or down. I am not sure however if there is much in the way of smaller plans than 50GB. Smiley Happy

DrQ
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

No, I believe that 50GB might be the smallest now...
Yeldarb is right, Air might be helpful, especially paired with the Wireless Broadband you already have.
I highly doubt that anytime soon you will be able to use your Fixed Allowance via the mobile network, mainly because the Mobile Network costs them more to provide the data over then the Fixed Network... and it is far more susceptible to congestion and many other issues caused by excessively high usage...
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit