Dexter1269
Level 2: Rookie

Broadband Protect

How do I get rid of Broadband Protect? I called Telstra after days on messaging to remove it. I never ordered it. They credited my bill and then re-applied the charge next bill. I have spent all afternoon on messaging again with no luck

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
ProfessorPhone
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Broadband Protect

If you feel that you have exhausted every possibility of sorting it out with customer service you can "make a complaint"

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"
EthanG
Support Team
Support Team

Hey @Dexter1269, if you go to your MyTelstra app's 'service' tab and then click on your internet service, can you see if Broadband Protect is still listed as active under the 'Summary' tab? If so, there will be an option there to remove it. Let us know if this helps.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Dexter1269

Thanks for the advice. My issue is that my account comes up with an error message. It advises to try later. It has always been like this. Back when Telstra would talk to you I tried to get this rectified. This required many calls and many hours on hold. I also asked to change my plan. But this did not happen either. I will try chat help again next week. Cheers

Dexter1269

Thanks for the advice. I did manage to get the protect credited off my bill yesterday. Telstra have done this a few times. I will lodge a complaint next week. My internet is good. Billing and customer service is not good. Cheers.

Ozmoz
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

@Dexter1269 wrote:

Thanks for the advice. My issue is that my account comes up with an error message. It advises to try later. It has always been like this. Back when Telstra would talk to you I tried to get this rectified. This required many calls and many hours on hold. I also asked to change my plan. But this did not happen either. I will try chat help again next week. Cheers

Hi @Dexter1269 

What is the name of your broadband bundle? Telstra Broadband Protect is meant to come free with its plans. So its strange its coming up as a charge.

Or are you referring to "Device Protect" that's part of the Trend Micro/Telstra's partnership?

Someone keeps putting vegetables in my beer crisper
EthanG
Support Team
Support Team

@Dexter1269, let's have a look into this. Could you please send us a private message? 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Dexter1269

Hello,

Its an older plan : Telstra T-Bundle Connector FreeStyler. I moved to the NBN a few months back and broadband protect appeared as a new charge. 

Dexter1269

Hello Ethan G,

Sure how do you send private messages in this forum?

EthanG
Support Team
Support Team

@Dexter1269, If you go to my profile, you should be able to send me a private message there. Look forward to hearing from you!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit