BradJones
Level 2: Rookie

Broadband with Telstra Foxtel on satellite service

Answered

I have Foxtel thru Telstra via a sattelite feed and was wondering if i can get an added broadband onto this. I have asked the question via call center but they want to sell me an entertainment broadband bundle to access the internet and foxtel thru the internet without having all the foxtel channels i have now

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
343GuiltySpark
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Broadband with Telstra Foxtel on satellite service

You can get broadband from telstra but not via that satellite dish that foxtel uses. Depending where you are you may get NBNs Sky Muster Satellite service or potentially from one of Telstras exisiting satelite services. However satellite is expenive and provides less data than a fixed line internet connection such as ADSL, Cable and NBN
I work for Telstra, but my opinions are my own and not that of Telstras

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
343GuiltySpark
Accepted Solution

You can get broadband from telstra but not via that satellite dish that foxtel uses. Depending where you are you may get NBNs Sky Muster Satellite service or potentially from one of Telstras exisiting satelite services. However satellite is expenive and provides less data than a fixed line internet connection such as ADSL, Cable and NBN
I work for Telstra, but my opinions are my own and not that of Telstras

View solution in original post

BradJones
Level 2: Rookie

Thanks. Much appreciated.
I thought that may be the case.
Am in S/E Melbourne suburbs and was trying to avoid having to use the copper network or sign up to a HFC fed service which will mean i will be up for added installation costs as we don't have HFC cable to the house.
Will just have to wait for the half arsed NBN to get rolled out to my area
vinallo
Level 1: Cadet

Do you have Internet access via Broadband eg via Adsl or Nbn. I am assuming ? you have one of the Foxtel IQ boxes as you are receiving Foxtel via their Satellite Service. If so I believe the have an Ethernet socket. Mine does and thats plugged into my Router. Have you tried using the Foxtel Go service. Its included in the standard ? Foxtel Service. Thats how I watch different shows to my wife at the same time.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit