Skusey
Level 2: Rookie

Buffering

Answered

Hi everybody, I have just left Foxtel and come back to Telstra, NBN - FTTH and it's great (50/20Mb).  I have replaced Foxtel with an Android Box and it keeps freezing, from 2secs to 2 mins.  Is this more like to be an NBN issue or the box??, can Telstra check for that sort of thing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cf4
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Buffering

If you don't have problems on other devices. The bufferrng is more likely to be the box or if the box is connected by WiFi then it could be the WiFi link between box and the modem.

If connected by WiFi try disabling band steering in the modem's 2.4 GHz WiFi settings. This adds -5G to the name of modem's 5GHz WiFi. You can then choose which WiFi channel to connect to.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
cf4
Accepted Solution

If you don't have problems on other devices. The bufferrng is more likely to be the box or if the box is connected by WiFi then it could be the WiFi link between box and the modem.

If connected by WiFi try disabling band steering in the modem's 2.4 GHz WiFi settings. This adds -5G to the name of modem's 5GHz WiFi. You can then choose which WiFi channel to connect to.

View solution in original post

Skusey
Level 2: Rookie

Thanks CF24, I have 30 days to get it sorted or leave, so having just ordered a Telstra TV Box, I can gauge it easily when I get that up and running.  Thanks again

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit