Level 1: Cadet

Building new house need to connect NBN

How do I go about requesting a NBN connection for the house we are about to build.

The builder says it is our responsibility to organise.

M.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Building new house need to connect NBN

When you go to nbnco.com.au and enter your address, what type of connection does it says is available at your address? If it's FTTN, FTTC, FTTP, or HFC, you will need the arrange for a conduit and leader wire to be installed in a trench from the house to the property's front boundary.

If it's FW, then once you place an order for a service, NBN Co will come out and install the antenna and modem.

No actual connection (service) can be made until after the certificate of occupancy is issued and you just need to contact Telstra and sign up to a new plan (unless you are really unlucky and it says Skymesh - Satellite as Telstra do not offer plans for this). Telstra will then organise for NBN Co to come out and make the connection.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Building new house need to connect NBN

Purely as an option, have you considered Telstra mobile Broadband? It's a fantastic service and I can recommend it after almost 5 years. Even just with 4G and 1 bar of signal I regularly have download speeds between 200 and 300mb/s and uploads 20 to 35mb/s.

Telstra have recently drastically improved the deals.  It's worth a think.

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit