Hockfam2
Level 1: Cadet

Cable Availibility

Answered

I'm trying to assist a neighbout to move over to Cable from ADSL (From another service provider)

When checking availability the web site says only ADSL is available yet the neighbour has Foxtel via Telstra via Cable already in the home.

Surely its just a matter of installing a splitter to get Cable Internet - What am I missing or is it a systems glitch?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kalak
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Cable Availibility

The online availability check is not infallible.

Also, it may be that they are in a unit for example, while the neighbour is a free-standing house.

Your best bet is to give sales a call on 132200. They can do a thorough check for you, and if you still believe it should be available they can arrange a 'commercial quote'. This is where a technician comes out and physically checks if it's possible to connect, under what circumstances, and if it's non-standard how much it would cost.
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Kalak
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Cable Availibility

The online availability check is not infallible.

Also, it may be that they are in a unit for example, while the neighbour is a free-standing house.

Your best bet is to give sales a call on 132200. They can do a thorough check for you, and if you still believe it should be available they can arrange a 'commercial quote'. This is where a technician comes out and physically checks if it's possible to connect, under what circumstances, and if it's non-standard how much it would cost.
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit