Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Cable broadband after house move

Hi everyone

I'm hoping someone has had a similiar issue and can advise what I can do next. I moved house yesterday, plugged in my cable modem, and it's not working. My browser takes me through a modem registration screen, after which it says something like "Modem successfully registered, please wait an hour".

Well I've now waited 24 hours, spent at least 3 hours on the phone to various support staff, with no resolution.

All promises to call me back after it had been escalated have not resulted in any call back.

My modem status lights indicate all ok, but in the modem configuration screens it mentions something about upstream and downstreams being 'locked'.

Before I moved house I got a call from a very friendly local telling me all was in order, and things would be working when I moved in. Is it possible to get hold of that 'team' directly? My experience with the call centre is that they go through a bunch of steps (turn off and on, reboot PC, etc), so obviously just following a set of procedures. And none of those are working, so I'm left with no help at all.

Is it easier for me to simply cancel my broadband account and apply for a ne wone? Maybe the 'new accounts' technical team are a bit more skilled than the 'moving house' technical team? Just guessing here, I have no idea.

As someone running a business from home, this is heart breaking. I have spent a fortune of 4G cards and top-ups, but can't keep doing that.

Please ... anyone ... any ideas or help?

-Graeme

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Cable broadband after house move

Hi Graeme,

Did you contact Accounts to organise the move?  If not, please contact Accounts on 13 22 00 or via https://livechat.telstra.com/ so that this can be investigated further for you.

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit