TimandToni
Level 1: Cadet

Cable Broadband dropping out

Answered

Hi ,

For the past fortnight i have had to keep on reseting (power) the cable CG3100D-2 modem to return service. Seems that tonight that fix doesn't want to work. I checked the online service status page and there are no problems listed. Where to next?

Logs on the modem

Fri Sep 05 12:10:08 2014   Critical (3)  No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=44:94:fc:df:f9:c9;CMTS-MAC=00:25:84:57:1b:50;CM-QOS=1.0;CM-VER=3.0; 
 Fri Sep 05 12:09:50 2014   Critical (3)  Unicast Ranging Received Abort Response - Re-initializing MAC;CM-MAC=44:94:fc:df:f9:c9;CMTS-MAC=00:25:84:57:1b:3c;CM-QOS=1.0;CM-VER=3.0; 
 Fri Sep 05 12:09:32 2014   Critical (3)  Unicast Ranging Received Abort Response - Re-initializing MAC;CM-MAC=44:94:fc:df:f9:c9;CMTS-MAC=00:25:84:57:1b:50;CM-QOS=1.0;CM-VER=3.0; 
 Fri Sep 05 12:09:09 2014   Critical (3)  No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=44:94:fc:df:f9:c9;CMTS-MAC=00:25:84:57:1b:50;CM-QOS=1.0;CM-VER=3.0; 
 Fri Sep 05 12:08:16 2014   Critical (3) 

Unicast Ranging Received Abort Response - Re-initializing MAC;CM-MAC=44:94:fc:df:f9:c9;CMTS-MAC=00:25:84:57:1b:3c;CM-QOS=1.0;CM-VER=3.0; 

current status

Information
Standard Specification CompliantEuroDOCSIS 3.0 and DOCSIS 3.0
Hardware Version2.02
Software Version5.5.7.mp2.V2.06.05
Software Version(Linux)2.6.30.V2.06.05
Cable MAC Address44:94:fc:df:f9:c9
Device MAC Address44:94:fc:df:f9:ca
Cable Modem Serial Number2YY237UR026D4
CM certificateInstalled

Status
System Up Time0 days 02h:08m:30s
Network AccessDenied
Cable Modem IP Address---.---.---.---

Thanks

Tim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Brodie_Telstra
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Cable Broadband dropping out

Hey Tim,

Your modem shouldn't require regular reboots for your service to function. Have we tried a factory default for the modem?

Brodie

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
15 REPLIES 15
Brodie_Telstra
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Hey Tim,

Your modem shouldn't require regular reboots for your service to function. Have we tried a factory default for the modem?

Brodie

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

View solution in original post

TimandToni

i called the helpdesk and they are going to send a new modem. thanks for you time.
extendo
Level 20: Director

Not sure why you are getting a new modem without looking at your modem stats.

A tech visit might be needed not a modem or a modem reset as posted above.
moakley

im getting constant drop outs  maybe one up to three times an hour on and off over 24 hours. This has been like this for a few months now and its annoying. I want to get a new modem but i dont want to buy a telstra modem is that possible?

my current modem is a SB51001 motorolla  its 14 years old.

When it drops out all the lights on the modem are still on. i have tried turning the modem off and on/ reset factory settings and so on but nothing seems to work.

The drops outs last around 15 secounds up to a minute.

thanks

Mark

Brodie_Telstra
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey Mark,

Unfortunately Cable services require modems from us. If you had an ADSL service you could use any ADSL capably modem. I would definitely recommend giving us a call to see the costs involved in replacing the modem. Modems can deteriorate over time and 14yrs is one of the oldest options!

Brodie

evang79
Level 2: Rookie

Post your downstream and upstream power levels. The SNR could be too low.
moakley

How?

djhavickery

I'm having the same issue as this... below are my screen grabs of the modem. The service has been down for a few days now. Also, this happened a few weeks ago, and I was advised that this was a problem that a few others were experiencing and my issue was resolved along with other people.

Any help/advice from here would be great.

Screen Shot 2015-03-04 at 7.52.47 pm.pngScreen Shot 2015-03-04 at 7.53.58 pm.pngScreen Shot 2015-03-04 at 7.52.15 pm.png

Steph
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey djhavickery

Are you still having issues with your connection?

BrettGlorie

Not to hijack the thread but I started having some major issues late last night (WST). The connection speed is fluctuating badly and pretty much times out constantly.

I can post some images of the even log and connection stats but I will have to take them with my phone as I can not upload anything at all, the upload just stops. Speedtest.net tests even fail to complete. I have 30gb left on my quota and it resets tonight, so I know I'm not shaped.

connection stats

BrettGlorie

forgot the event log, taken me 30 minutes just to get this post to not time out and post.

even log

BrettGlorie

I've just tried another speedtest.net test and what happens is the download and ping is usually ok. but when the upload happens the test speed wont go above 0.02mbps and the test wont complete as the connection goes unstable.

Cas-Ra
Support Team
Support Team

Hi BrettGlorie, have you checked the Service Status page for known outages in your area? 

http://tel.st/6x6a

BrettGlorie

There are no known Telstra events affecting your service

Cas-Ra
Support Team
Support Team

No worries, in that case we'd love to troubleshoot with you, chat with our tech team on 133 933 or here:  http://tel.st/gq6m 24x7 and we can run through some testing.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit