CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Cable Broadband dropping out

For the past week my cable internet speed has fluctuated dramatically. One moment it will be the full 110Mbps on a speed test then drops to 5Mbps-40Mbps. Online multiplayer games lag and connection is lost completely, Netflix stutters along and only one person in house can watch it, wireless connection for other devices is unusable. We've taken to tethering our phones for a stable connection.

Now for the good part. First Telstra didn't even register the fault at all for 3 days. Even though they'd been told about it. And of course NBN.Co own the HFC cable network in my area so Telstra has no idea when it will be fixed. Technical support now is completely useless. Spent about 40 minutes explain it to the person and they sent out a PHONE technician today, not a cable technician. Poor guy walks up the stairs, he called our phone and then asked so why am I here.

So the current status is. Telstra have zero idea when the fault will be fixed, they can't send a technician because its a fault on NBN.Co's end, talking with Telstra support is absolutely useless now because they have no control over the HFC network in my area. Yet I will have to pay the full amount of my bill this month even though at best I've had 1/4 of the service I pay for. Its a huge con job, if this was any other industry it would border on illegal for them to charge the prices they do; for the service or lack there of you receive.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Cable Broadband dropping out

If support are unable to raise a fault, your next step would be to raise a complaint. You can raise a complaint here
For Official Support Chat Now, try the Online Troubleshooter, check for Outages or Raise a Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.
  • I work for Telstra in the following products.
  • Telstra Platinum, Telstra Business Services, Telstra Smart Home, Velocity, Locator and NBN faults.
  • I'm not here in an official capacity, I just like fixing things and respond in my own time when I can.
  • Include "@343GuiltySpark" in your reply to get my attention if you're after me specifically.
  • My opinions are my own and not that of Telstra's, just so we're all on the same page.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit