Mando
Level 1: Cadet

Cable Broadband Ultimate - Constant Dropouts

Hi Forum,

After 6 months of perfect internet, My cable broadband is suffering from regular dropouts. Every 20 or so minutes the connection drops for 5 minutes (see picture 1)

I have a Tech arriving on Monday, but i want to put a question out if there is anything else i can do to either 1. Fix it earlier myself. 2. Ensure Telstra fix it on the day by providing as much detailed information.

Below shows my connection stability, as you can see I am getting frequent drop outs:

night of 16-5-13.png

During the outage, it looks like my modem struggles to lock on a downstream channel. Once its locked on it then takes its time locking in on the downstream bonded channels.

Below shows a picture of my connnection in a working state:

connection.PNG

Below shows my modem event logs:

Router log.png

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
arkon
Level 3: Gumshoe

Re: Cable Broadband Ultimate - Constant Dropouts

your stats look ok . Had dropouts and trouble getting the calbe modem to sync when I moved to 100mb cable . BP tech replaced a corroded connection and missing terminator and has been perfect ever since. Give BPTS a call .

Brodie_Telstra
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey Mando,

Cable Drops are rarely software related, so in most cases there is not alot you can do to better the service on your end. The standard troubleshooting steps include powering down the modem, removing the coaxial cable and leaving for 10 mins. Then reconnecting and rebooting. If this doesn't help, then booking the field technician (which has already been done) is the next step.

Best of luck for your appointment today, let us know how it goes Smiley Happy

Brodie

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Mando
Level 1: Cadet

Thank you everyone,

The tech has not visited yet, but i have not had a dropout since 930am on Saturday. Very weird if it fixed itself after 4 days of constant drop outs.

I will still get the tech out to check the links.

I will let you all know what the outcome is.

Thanks again.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit