wid_sha
Level 2: Rookie

Cable CG3100D No Internet Connectivity

Hi,

I tried to setup a Linksys EA4500 router to extend the range of the CG3100D. To do this I disabled NAT on the CG3100D, and disbled wireless and connected LAN port 1 of the modem to the Internet port of the EA4500 however, the EA4500 was not getting any internet connectivity. After trying this I decided to go back to the standard setup with just the CG3100D, I did a factory reset (by holding the red reset button under the device for 15 sec). However now I'm not getting any internet connectivity. Under basic settings it says Network Connection: Disconnected (DNS, WAN IP, Default Gateway is blank) and Cable settings are set to Dynamic IP.

I'm not sure why this is happening but it could be due to:

1. Number of DHCP leases expired, only allowed to issue certain number within period?

2. The MAC address stored on the Telsra server does not match the MAC of the router which it now sees? in which case I need to clone the MAC address of the modem to the router.

Or is there something else I need to do? Thank you for any help!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
ProfessorPhone
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Cable CG3100D No Internet Connectivity

Hello, I don't believe you will be able to receive that level of modem support here. I think you would be best to ring BigPond on 132200 and speak with technical support.

Regards

Professor Phone

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"
wid_sha

Hi Professor Phone,

Thank you for that reply, I already called technical support. They seem to be running very basic troubleshooting steps that I have already tried and don't resolve the problem. I was hoping the issue would get escalated to the next level of support but that didn't happen. I had great help from some Telstra staff previously such as DanK that's why I thought I would ask here Smiley Happy perhaps a post on Whirlpool to get an idea of what's going on would be a better option. 

Cheers!

ProfessorPhone
Level 23: Superhero

Sorry, I'm relatively new here, and wasn't aware of Dan. Apologies.

There are lots of highly technical people on Whirlpool, and over the years I have had so many obscure questions answered there, so you have a great idea.

Dan may very well answer you.

Kind regards

PP

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"
wid_sha

No need to apologies! Very true, some great knowledge on Whirlpool, I am going to post a thread on whirlpool see what happens. Enjoy the rest of your day Smiley Happy
wid_sha

DanK
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Glad to hear that you were able to get this one resolved, apologies again for not being able to assist you directly. To assist other users who may find this thread I have summarised the information on Whirlpool below. Before you attempt this note that Telstra does not support bridging so technical support will not be able to assist in troubleshooting.

Information provided by 'Revs Per Min' on whirlpool;

1. CG3100D needs to be setup with NAT off, WiFi off and connected to the routers internet port
2. Power off both router and modem for 20min (overnight if necessary)
3. Turn on modem, wait for it to boot fully then turn on the router

It is a good idea to allow the router to fully boot before attempting to connect a device.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit