Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Cable Installation After House Move

I rang three weeks ago to book my Ultimate Cable to be moved to my new house the following week. The next day my internet was cut off. They'd processed the move immediately, but I was told it was a simple thing to fix, they'd simply cancel it in the system and it'd be fine. Four days later I finally got internet access again. They told me to call the day I wanted it moved, because they only had to make the change in the system.

I called after we'd moved to the new premises and was told no that isn't right, indeed it would take a week for a tech to come to the premises. When he arrived he advised that the cable had not been installed from the street to the house, and that it would take up to two weeks, and then he'd return to hook up the service. That was one week ago. I've called and used used live-chat every day to try to confirm it is all happening. I have yet to hear from anyone confirming the installation. The most common response after I tell my whole story is "If you unplug the modem, and plug it back in, it'll work" Then the interminable waiting while they call activations, etc, etc; but never a result.

I've been paying for the service, and the move, all this time and so far - nothing. I can't even get confirmation that it is going to happen. Surely they should have known that the cable needed to be installed at the new premises when I rang one week before I moved. Surely it can't be that difficult to have the service I'm paying for provided.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Cable Installation After House Move

Hi Darring,

I can understand your frustration with this process and it is definitely not the result that we want for our customers.

I am sending you a private message so that you can provide your details and I will have this followed up for you.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Darring,

While I like your enthusiasm, it is best not to provide personal information on any forum as it is visible to everyone.

If you could please edit that information out of the previous post and have a look at the private message that I sent you. You will find a link that will allow you to provide your details in a more secure manner.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Hi Shelley

I have submitted my details

Thanks

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit