Jase123
Level 1: Cadet

Cable Installation

Answered

Hi Guys,

I am looking to get home cable setup and when talking to sales she ran a serviceability check aon my line nd said I need an installation done, though I do have one of these in my living room already: 

And one of these outside linked to the telephone pole as described here: https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/broadband/set-up/leadins

I thought this was for cable - is this right? I am renting so need to sort out with the owner if any modifications are made to the house.

I don't know if anyone has used the port for cable before.

Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Steph
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Cable Installation

Hi Jase123

Just to confirm did they advise you need a Professional Installation? If so, it doesn't necessarily mean that any modifications will need to occur - it can just be that there hasn't been an active connection there in the past few years. 

If any modifications are required, it would likely be a new wall plate/ connection point. Without knowing the wiring of the house, we couldn't hazard a guess that any current plates are connected correctly to the right cabling etc. 

Really the next step will be waiting for the Technician to attend, who'll advise you if he needs to make any modifications and you can ask him to take you through it, and from there you can request approval from the landlord.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Steph
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Hi Jase123

Just to confirm did they advise you need a Professional Installation? If so, it doesn't necessarily mean that any modifications will need to occur - it can just be that there hasn't been an active connection there in the past few years. 

If any modifications are required, it would likely be a new wall plate/ connection point. Without knowing the wiring of the house, we couldn't hazard a guess that any current plates are connected correctly to the right cabling etc. 

Really the next step will be waiting for the Technician to attend, who'll advise you if he needs to make any modifications and you can ask him to take you through it, and from there you can request approval from the landlord.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Jase123
Level 1: Cadet

Yes Steph, that was the advice, but you have pretty much clarified what I wanted to know from them.

Thanks for the response - much appreciated Smiley Happy

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit