makami
Level 1: Cadet

Cable Internet Problems

For the last few weeks I experienced constant slowdown and disconnection of my cable internet. I noticed that in my area there is a problem/outage for the past few days. The end date is being moved again to Thursday. Today no internet at all. However I have talked to my neighbour and he had absolutely no issues to date. How is that possible with outage in the area. This is so frustrating especially during uni final assessment time. Not happy.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
G3A
Level 2: Rookie

Re: Cable Internet Problems

H makami,

Your issue may be unrelated to the issue reported in your area.  Unfortunately, issues in the same area are grouped together and assumed to be solved when the original issue is repaired.  Telstra should contact you to confirm, if you have reported it to them.

I suggest you keep calling faults each day, as it could be the cable into your home from the street or distribution point.

G3A

makami

Outage gone, problem solved. It is so refreshing to go back to normality. It was a very frustrating period.

So much wasted time trying to figure out if the problem is on your side or somwhere further away.

Just happy now to have a service that I was promised to have and paid for - strange to feel that way.

iamjess50
Level 3: Gumshoe

hi makami

This may be a helpful link for you in the future for checking status of broadband on your area instead of calling.                              http://servicestatus.telstra.com/. 

where an outage happened you may ask for interim service if it will take more than 2 days to fix problem or bill adjustment for days you internet is down by calling Telstra billing 

makami

Hi iamjess50. Done all you suggested over the troubled times, however thanks for the reply. There was only one issue - the outage was not reported on http://servicestatus.telstra.com/.  but problems continued for few weeks before it was officially listed. Initially I thought that the issue was on my side and did all sort of time wasting tests etc - all not necessary after all.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit