CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Cable Internet won't active

Like many others in past I am having trouble getting my modem activated. And because of all of the issues with Covid19 I cannot talk to anyone over the phone despite trying for the last half hour, being deemed a not important case.

I keep getting the CCP0007 error message come up when I try. Like many others at this time need home internet but not just for my work that I do at home, but mainly for my son's medical and therapy appointments which have moved to telehealth which if we cannot attend will cause him development delays, that I am trying to avoid.

Please don't tell me to call anything because I have tried and don't get past the robot lady. And I have tried multiple times to troubleshoot at home and even got a reference number when I went through their Smart Troubleshooting Tool, 26-33679. I would just like to speak to a real person and get this resolved. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: Cable Internet won't active

I'm in the same boat. 

I've tried calling so many different Telstra numbers, some messages even say the office is closed until 8pm AEST then you wait until 8pm to call and the voice message says that you have called outside of Telstra business hours.... Are they joking? 

There has to be someone we can talk to Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity

Unfortunately, the only solution is calling somebody. If you are on a non-NBN cable service, try 133933. You could also try 1800 135 103, although I'm not sure if that number is still active

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

I have found calling any of their support numbers doesn't work because their call centres are in India and Philippines and they are in lockdown.

I have called the store I got it from and basically they cannot do anything because it is an account activation problem and that team is mainly located in India. I at least for this month (the store operator said it only lasts a month) have unlimited data number because of the mobile data backup. But it is unlikely to be resolved by the end of the month and I will be contacting the store again.

So call a store near you, because at least then you get to talk to someone and their can make a note of your problem. Instead of being in limbo and hearing just try the app or our website.

Highlighted

Your LTE backup will get throttled very quickly down to 256kbps (after about 10GB) as it is only meant for short term outages.

You will then need to call to get it unshaped.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

Yep definitely experienced that yesterday.

Which is annoying because when I checked about it in the store, they said it would unlimited for a month.... 

Yeah not going down that path of trying to call anyone, I have an email I will use first.

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

This is where I am stuck too. Need the cable activations team to update the MAC address of the registered modem, but their phone line just says "we will be opening at 8pm AEST" every day and they never do.

This must be happening to everyone with a Cable issue. Telstra please help?

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit