Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Cable is down for last two hours - 50 minutes now on hold to speak to technical staff

Hi, I have been on hold for 50’plus minutes now but no call back or no one is there to pick the call yet.
I am high end cable user but no service to restore it.
Checked if there is any outage in my area but none.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
37 REPLIES 37
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Cable is down for last two hours - 50 minutes now on hold to speak to technical staff

You could try the online troubleshooter or live chat if there is currently a high call volume.
For Official Support Chat Now, try the Online Troubleshooter, check for Outages or Raise a Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.
  • I work for Telstra in the following products.
  • Telstra Platinum, Telstra Business Services, Telstra Smart Home, Velocity, Locator and NBN faults.
  • I'm not here in an official capacity, I just like fixing things and respond in my own time when I can.
  • Include "@343GuiltySpark" in your reply to get my attention if you're after me specifically.
  • My opinions are my own and not that of Telstra's, just so we're all on the same page.
Highlighted

Re: Cable is down for last two hours - 50 minutes now on hold to speak to technical staff

I tried the online troubleshooting but it came back with the message to contact the support team.
I am on my mobile now , do not see a chat option on this page.
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

What area?
Highlighted

Now I am on chat line and waiting as there is a shortage of chat agents.
Btw , this thread is related cable internet.
Highlighted

Rostrevor. Post code 5073.
Highlighted

My internet is down as well. Telstra are hopeless when you have a problem it they still take your money.
Highlighted

Still on phone and now it’s been 1 hour 25 minute on hold.
Highlighted

I did not had much issue for last one year or so but the delay in getting support is a cause of concern.
I would prefer we are advised with proper delay time nd then not have to keep waiting for someone to be on the other end.
The message on board hoe still keep telling me to be ready in front of my computer and have user name and password ready.
Highlighted
Level 4: Private Eye

Same here, I'm in SA 5087 area. Cable internet is also down. Waited on the phone for 1.5 hours then spend 1/2 troubleshooting still now resolution. Sure this means there is a bigger problem if you are also have the same issue.
Highlighted

what area are you in. I'm in SA 5087. If you're in SA then there is a pattern here
Highlighted

Same!
I’m 5089, in SA......
Highlighted

Telstra support is hopeless......Wait online chat for an hour. Keep telling to restart or reset the modem.
Highlighted

Great, now they said they need to send someone to my place and tell me if they find it is not their fault. It will charge me the cost. Great service Telstra.
Highlighted

Told me the same thing. But I bet it is the network fault. There are many reports coming on Twitter from SA residents in North Eastern Suburbs complaining about Cable internet being down.... So its definitely Telstra Cable Network is the problem
Highlighted

I 100% sure the online chat guys don't know what they are doing at all.
Highlighted

Family also lives in 5076 and it’s not working there either... problem is definitely on there end! Hopefully fixed soon.
Highlighted

Backing you guys up. 5074 is down. Foxtel via HFC still running.
Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

Same - dropped out 17:40 on 14/1/2019 - in 5074.
HFC modem is connected, got sync, got a DHCP address, but no dataflow.
Highlighted

Can confirm the same in 5073.

All lights on modem are green, WAN is connected but no data flow. All devices are not working either via wifi or LAN.

Have tried power cycling modem and factory reset. No difference.

Telstra you guys need to get your crap together, if it’s anything like a month ago you spent 3 days bringing back the connection in this area. 2 of which were waiting for you to simply acknowledge it as an issue.
Highlighted

If you're on Twitter pls post it to @telstra as well. cheers
Their Outages page is still saying "No Outage..."
Highlighted

Same here in 5074 - internet connection has been down since 5:30PM.
Highlighted

been on hold 2 and a half hours but no answer

been on chat help 2 hours and they have finally agreed to send a technician to my house before I go on holidays (18th).

Wish they could see its not just my house (mine 5074 and friend 5076)

Highlighted

my online chat has been escalated as far as possible, nothing more to do

they never did answer the phone though
Highlighted

guarantee its not your equipment at the house. Its Telstra's network issue.
I got the same deal, tech coming 2 days from now.
Hopefully the more people complain the sooner they will check and fix this issue.
Only a couple of months back Cable internet was down in North Eastern suburbs....
Highlighted

add me to the list
glynde sa 5070
Highlighted

Pretty obvious this isn't an isolated incident, but it appears they have no idea what's causing the outage on their end.
Highlighted

Same here 5081
Not sure why they won't call it an outage
Highlighted

Yes. I am experiencing same problem in 5076. Others in 5072 also reporting cable down
Highlighted

Cable modem's System Event log is showing the following messages:

Time Priority Description
Time Not Established Error (4) ToD request sent- No Response received;CM-MAC=b0:7f:b9:35:50:08;CMTS-MAC=00:01:5c:7e:ae:62;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
Time Not Established Warning (5) ToD request sent - No Response received;CM-MAC=b0:7f:b9:35:50:08;CMTS-MAC=00:01:5c:7e:ae:62;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
Time Not Established Warning (5) DHCP WARNING - Non-critical field invalid in response ;CM-MAC=b0:7f:b9:35:50:08;CMTS-MAC=00:01:5c:7e:ae:62;CM-QOS=1.0;CM-VER=3.0;
Time Not Established Notice (6) Honoring MDD; IP provisioning mode = IPv4
Time Not Established Critical (3) No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=b0:7f:b9:35:50:08;CMTS-MAC=00:01:5c:7e:ae:62;CM-QOS=1.0;CM-VER=3.0;
Time Not Established Critical (3) SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire QAM/QPSK symbol timing;CM-MAC=b0:7f:b9:35:50:08;CMTS-MAC=00:00:00:00:00:00;CM-QOS=1.0;CM-VER=3.0;
Highlighted

Same here, cable @ 5087, modem shows all lights green, no connection. Can't log in to modem even by ethernet. Online troubleshooter directed me to call help desk. The soonest tech appointment available is Friday 😒. Surely it will be resolved by then, considering the number of people in this thread and on Twitter
Highlighted

Its most likely and outage and will be resolved as soon as possible
For Official Support Chat Now, try the Online Troubleshooter, check for Outages or Raise a Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.
  • I work for Telstra in the following products.
  • Telstra Platinum, Telstra Business Services, Telstra Smart Home, Velocity, Locator and NBN faults.
  • I'm not here in an official capacity, I just like fixing things and respond in my own time when I can.
  • Include "@343GuiltySpark" in your reply to get my attention if you're after me specifically.
  • My opinions are my own and not that of Telstra's, just so we're all on the same page.
Highlighted

5087 here too.. havent bothered with tech support after being on hold for ages..
Highlighted

Connection came back up this morning. 5073
Highlighted

I can confirm Cable internet is working now. tested 6:30am 15/1/19.
Highlighted

Connection has been restored this morning in 5074

Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

It came back for me at 05:45 (5074)

I bet someone did an emergency reboot of a big router.
Highlighted

Restored at 5087, probably need to cancel that tech callout...

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit