Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Cable mdoem WAN address

Since an update to the cable network I have noticed that my Netgear CG3100D is showing two different WAN addreses. One under Basic Settings which shows a 124.190 address and the other under gateway status that shows a 10.235 address. Since this time I have been unable to access the test server I have running from its url and I have had issues with people sending emails to my domain address hosted by DYNdns.

Could someone advise why this is happening?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Level 20: Director
Level 20: Director

Re: Cable mdoem WAN address

alexsb - All is OK. My CD-3100D2-BPAUS is the same as yours. The Netgear unit is a combo Broadband Modem and a Router - two functions that have their own IP addresses. In my configuration, the Cable Modem Status shows 10.223 etc which is the DOCSIS 3.0 port used for HFC connection and in Basic Page - the Router WAN port is 124.191 etc.
In the NBN HFC environment, you will have two separate devices with their own IP addresses as well, the NBN supplied Arris DCOSIS 3.1 HFC Modem and a separate ISP supplied Router. Cheers
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being

Which IP address is being used by Dydns? Are you using the Dydns updater in the modem or an updater on the device used for your mail server?
Highlighted

I am and always have been using the DYNdns client on my PC. I have checked at the Dyndns web site and all is registered correctly but it looks as though Telstra may have changed something and now http requests do not reach my server. If this is the case then my MX records may no longer be active as well...

Highlighted

Is the port to your server still shown as open at sight such as canyouseeme.
Highlighted

It is but I have now reset the cable modem and all is working. I guess the NBN stuff going on round here keeps spiking my drinks sorry connection.....

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit