Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Cable Net down almost 1 week (Wiley Park NSW)

Hi 

Last Saturday some mongrel set fire to the telstra pit on our main road, so all the wiring has melted inside the pit. Almost 1 week later i have no net or house phone.

Been in contact with Telstra including the complaints department. explained to them that this pit has been set on fire 8 times in the last 3 months and need alternate net access.

I asked for the Telstra Frontier Gateway as a back up for this problem but instead  i was given a dongle with 10g of data, there 4 people in our house that use the net how far will 10g go between 4 people in 1 day. My complaints manager was so suppose to ring me today to confirm whether the net was up and running and if not to top my data for the dongle but guess what no has called.

One of my sons works from home and does 10 hour shifts as an online techie, so far this week he has lost 40 hours of pay due to this problem, not to mention all the other previous 7 times ( in one week alone he lost 60 Hours) and no one is reimberting him.

Customer service is **bleep** and they lack quality of support to the consumer their Complaints Department do not follow up, Telstra is doing nothing to prevent this ongoing arson to this same pit. 

May also mention that i informed the consultants and complaints department who keep giving me and update but NO ONE FROM TELSTRA HAS COME OUT TO THE PIT TO REPLACE THE DAMAGED CABLING.

Shame on you Telstra for not having in one here in Australia that we could speak to and inform them that the work is not being attended to in order to fix the problem.

Not Happy Jan, not happy.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Cable Net down almost 1 week (Wiley Park NSW)

I'm really sorry to hear this, can I please have the SR number for your case manager and I'll follow this up straight away. -Zoe 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

Hi Zoe

Case no is SR1-1461-24786-2807.
I called Complaints Dept today as i was suppose to get a call yesterday and i did not. According to Complaints Dept my case has been resolved due to the fault being fixed.
I informed the case manager that the fault was not fixed as i still do not have internet or Foxtel.
Now i have to wait until Monday for a Technician to come and asses my modem even though i explained that the line was still down as i had no Foxtel.
frank
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Thanks for for proving this information, I have escalated this and expect a technician to look into this as soon as possible. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. -Zoe 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted

Thanks Zoe
But i have lost my faith in any information that Telstra staff supply me. I have spoken to many this week and each have given assurances or estimates of when the service was due to be up and running.
Each time i have explained that no one was still turning up to fix the issue.
I strongly believe that i should have already been given the new modem that defaults to 4G in order to keep going but i was told that the Gateway Frontier is only for new customers or faulty assed modems and did not qualify as it was a line issue.
Not happy with service, i have been an internet subscriber to Telstra for over 20 years and and expect better from my loyalty to Telstra considering that we are in an age of consumers change Telecom carriers quite frequently.
Thanks
Frank
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

I understand, I will pass this information onto your case manager for you. Let me know how this progresses. -Zoe 

Highlighted

Thanks, will do.
Highlighted

Sunday morning update (25/3/18).
Hooray for Telstra "NOT".
Still no Cable net or Foxtel, i did an outage check on my address and now the outage status has gone from being looked into for repair to "No outage detected at your address or in your area".
Yet when i run the trouble shooter it tells me that it can not find line connectivity, strange that it cant find a line??.

They keep telling me its the modem, the way Telstra Techie explained last time was that if the modem is faulty i should still receive a Foxtel signal, if the line is down than i will get NOTHING.
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi kranky212160,

I have passed this information to your case manage to investigate further and to follow up with you as soon as they can. 

- Tim 

Highlighted

Here we go again another let down by Telstra Complaints/Follow Department.
Yesterday i was given an assurance that my case manager would be in contact soon but "lord be hold" as usual there is no follow up.
Wow my faith in Telstra is diminishing by the day. Time to look for another Internet provider.
I guess its al about shares and dividends these days not customer service of quality.
By the way Telstra i did happen to notice that you edit my original post which surprises me that a word such as "**bleep**" a reference to your quality of customer service " was replaced by "BLEEP". Truth hurts lol

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit