Special__K
Level 1: Cadet

Cable outage - CCP0021 error

Help!!  Based in Melbourne, working from home, kids with exams - and the cable internet connection dies.  A couple of days later and am getting a CCP0021 error on the register.bigpond.com/cable.do page - which is the only page accessible via the browser.  Any ideas for resolving this?  Have had the equivalent of a master’s thesis with support and calling 133933 did not help either…. Am willing to try any and all ideas…

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Mkrtich
Level 21: Augmented
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Cable outage - CCP0021 error

Hi - from previous CrowdSupport posts on this error code, it appears that the Telstra Cable Management Termination System ( CMTS) is having trouble automatically re-registering the existing modem's MAC address to the CMTS and can only be rectified by a manual registration by Telstra Support. I don't think there is any workaround you can do from the modem. The problem needs to be escalated within Telstra to a higher support level. 

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/modems-hardware/problem-activating-gateway-error-message-ccp0... 

ShannonD
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Cable outage - CCP0021 error

If the disruption has been resolved (you can check your address here), we usually recommend to switch the modem off for a full 10 minutes & then reboot. If that doesn't help, the next step would be to press the reset button in for 10-15 seconds with a paperclip or something similar. If you have trouble after that, login & use our troubleshooting tool. If you're unsure about the Telstra ID, you can reset the password, or recover the username here. If it doesn't help, best to report the issue to our tech support on the number you've mentioned. or through the My Telstra app & they'll do what they can o sort it out.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit