Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Cable to NBN change over

So I've tried to contact support and I'm getting mixed message as to how long I have to change from my existing service to NBN. 

NBN only avaliable to my address last month, but Telstra seems to think it was up and running from October last year.

I'm told I have 180 days to change over from the date it was avaliable.. which doesn't add up. 

Can some one please clarify?

On a side note, whats with the pricing, half the data cap and half the speed at a 40% increase in price... wish I could tell my boss that I'll be doing 50% less work and they need to pay me 40% more to do it lol.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Cable to NBN change over

You can check the status of NBN by going to link below and entering your address.
https://www.nbnco.com.au/
The date when disconnection of the old PSTN network began will be shown.

If still under contract you don't have to change plans when migrating to NBN you could remain on your existing plan at least until the contract expires.
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Seems they don't know either lol.

Disconnection information
The disconnection date for the old phone and internet network in this area has not been confirmed yet.

Support tells me I have 180 days from which ever date they have in their system, which technically is overdue, but

https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/broadband/nbn/do-I-have-to-switch-to-the-nbn-network

says I should have 18 months to change over, there doesn't seem to be a date on the article so no idea who is current.
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey Fuegan,

The most up to date information on when this would need to be completed would be from our support staff. The NBN Sales team can be reached on 1800834273 - IVR > 1 (08:00 - 21:00 Mon-Sun EST). 

Let us know what they do have confirmed for you. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit