ryanturnerwalsh
Level 2: Rookie

can't get in touch with telstra anymore

I have tried and tried again to get in touch with Telstra by phoning and the online messages and can't seem to speak to anybody anymore. It is annoying at this point since we have had 2months of drop-outs and slow internet speeds. Today I have been on the phone for 80mins on hold waiting to talk to someone about my services. up until they shut still no one to talk to. I have also checked the outages everyday and they say that there are no outages in my location. I have reset my modem so many times, changed cords to see if there the problem and tried my old Telstra modem. still no luck from my end.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: can't get in touch with telstra anymore

On your mobile, got to https://fix.telstra.com and run through the troubleshooting. It also runs some checks from the Telstra end. If it can't get you up and running, it will put you through to a consultant for further assistance.

If that doesn't work, then to get in touch with Telstra, send a message using the My Telstra app on your mobile (blue icon, bottom right of Get Help screen). If the bot doesn't understand the query, type "Speak to a consultant" and you should be transferred tot eh queue to chat with a human. You can mark the message as urgent by tapping on the three dots in the top right of the messaging screen. It can take a few hours to get a response and you get a notification through the app.

Finally, if none of that is successful, lodge a formal complaint via https://telstra.com/complaints

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
SCWheels
Level 1: Cadet

Despite past reasonable service, I've had similar issues to ryanturnerwalsh:

ADSL2+ service very slow (max 500Kbps) for over a week since an outage 10 days before was sorted OK (coincidence?)

Tried to report issue to Telstra via phone, then 'My Telstra' app for 24 hours, without being able to get a response

-Eventually got to 'chat' with about 4 different people (and that Codi abomination), and service failed completely

-Tried an old modem with same result, managed to jag someone by phone who raised a 'Level 2' incident INC12992108 and said they'd monitor the service for 4-24 hours

-2+ days later, I've spent 3 hours on hold and transferring between 6 x different teams, trying to find someone in 'Level 2' who knew what was happening

-Gave up

It might be time to lodge a formal complaint as suggested above.  Pity - I expected more from the company who say they're "...trusted by more Australian homes to deliver a fast and reliable broadband connection. "

ryanturnerwalsh

well every time I have spoken to someone they keep monitoring my services for 24-48 hours this is they 4th time they have done it this month and still no reply back. Every time I talk to new person they say the case was closed from the previous time, then they start with another 24 hour monitor. So I have not had anyone fix the problem, just multiple 24 hour waits with the case closing afterwards.

ryanturnerwalsh

To top that off I have already lodge a formal complaints 3 times about this problem and the fact that it takes so long to get in touch with anyone. I do not want to change providers if I don't have to, but Telstra is starting to force my hand at this point with nothing getting fixed and longer wait times then 80 mins on they phone.

LukeV
Support Team
Support Team

Do you have the reference numbers for the complaints handy?

Happy to follow up on the complaints for you.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

ryanturnerwalsh

only the one I have done today all they others were abit anger ones. but here is my resent ref: 06107502

LukeV
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for that, I can see that complaint is waiting to have a case manager assigned to it.

That normally happens within 5 working days and they will be in touch as soon as it has been assigned.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

ryanturnerwalsh

doubt that, since all my other complaints have been a month ago with no reply. But I hope your right. I have had no problem for 6-12months up until 1 month ago when I started getting the drop outs and slow internet and it has been 3 weeks of 24 hour monitoring's......... with people saying to me "you get a reply after the 24 hour monitoring to follow up the case" and no message nor phone call nor email.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit