Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Cancel my order for NBN

Hi Folks ! I've been a telstra customer for a few years now. Does anyone know how easy it easy to cancel an order for NBN.?  I had placed an order for NBN online over 6 weeks ago and received the smart modem and the NBN box via courier (which I installed)  We are still not connected to the NBN and Its impossible to speak with anyone other than chatbots and some technicians who say they will get back to you and don't, same with messaging Telstra on Social Media. I've used the smart modem they sent me to stay connected using its sim over the Telstra mobile network at 25mbps download speeds.  

Now they have disconnected my landline and its also proving impossible to speak with anyone about reconnecting me. My order for the NBN shows up as incomplete on my dashboard, every time I am messaged from Telstra they say that the folks at NBN are not working due to covid which is quite a lie seeming that most of my street has been connected recently through other providers.   Its been the worst customer service experience ever Smiley Sad(

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Cancel my order for NBN

Unable to help though I feel your pain.  As a long time satisfied Telstra customer I placed an NBN order with them.   It has been IMPOSSIBLE  to get sense out of Testra.  The only way to contact them is via My Telstra app - Get Help - Message us.   They take hrs to respond.  

Highlighted

Re: Cancel my order for NBN

Hi there thanks for your response and we have just now sorted out the issue. As you say the app is really the only way to reach them, I have heard from staff at the NBN that they're technicians are working as normal connecting clients nbn and that Tesltra have had to quickly put together an onshore support team with no industry experience due to COVID shutting down their offshore centres. So that's possibly why they dont make much sense.    With your order you will eventually get the nbn and modem hardware which needs to be carefully connected making sure that all the right cables go into the right slots.  The courier took a couple of weeks to deliver mine so hang in there. 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit