Am changing providers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Re: Cancel my plan

Assuming the service you are moving is an internet service..

You don't need to cancel your plan to do that, and if you do, you will lose you homephone/landline number..

Just go to the new provider and tell them you want to port your service over to them (and keep the homephone number if that is what you want to do). They will organise to change your service over to them, then cancel the service with Telstra.

Another point to note, if you use a Telstra/Bigpond email address, when you cancel the service you will lose the email address, but you can ask to keep it for 12 months, but after that it will be disabled.

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
SteveW_52
Accepted Solution

Assuming the service you are moving is an internet service..

You don't need to cancel your plan to do that, and if you do, you will lose you homephone/landline number..

Just go to the new provider and tell them you want to port your service over to them (and keep the homephone number if that is what you want to do). They will organise to change your service over to them, then cancel the service with Telstra.

Another point to note, if you use a Telstra/Bigpond email address, when you cancel the service you will lose the email address, but you can ask to keep it for 12 months, but after that it will be disabled.

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!

View solution in original post

JM6
Level 8: Inspector

@Happy52 wrote:

Am changing providers

Smart move

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit