Linkoki
Level 1: Cadet

Cancel service and receive refund

Answered

I have tried for so many months now to cancel service and receive refund. As there is no usage! But every piece of crap support online is getting me no where. App is not working for me as I have no account visible. 24/7 chat is a joke and they don't help. I need to talk to someone asap on the phone but it keeps cutting me off. How do I do this without getting cut off as I don't have internet access anymore!!! Please help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Cancel service and receive refund

The only way is to send a message using the My Telstra app on your mobile (blue icon, bottom right of Get Help screen). If Codi doesn't understand the question then type "Speak to a consultant" and you should be transferred to the queue to chat with a human. 

Barring that, you can lodge it as a formal complaint via https://telstra.com/complaints

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES 10
Jupiter
Accepted Solution

The only way is to send a message using the My Telstra app on your mobile (blue icon, bottom right of Get Help screen). If Codi doesn't understand the question then type "Speak to a consultant" and you should be transferred to the queue to chat with a human. 

Barring that, you can lodge it as a formal complaint via https://telstra.com/complaints

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

KU9DrE6F7xd8
Level 3: Gumshoe

You could also try phoning general support 132 200.

Also the business support number 132 000 I was able to speak to a native English speaker.

may be put on hold for ages however.

PeterBB

I have the same issue.

I spend 2 hours waiting on the phone and get cut off.

Telstra make it impossible to cancel an account, either through making themselves inaccessible or making processes so difficult you are required to call them - back to the impossible wait.

Telstra are a disgrace. 

LAUREN121212121

Im having the same issue - i wamt my home line and internet cancelled in the 15th and moone wants to help me 

@Linkoki wrote:

I have tried for so many months now to cancel service and receive refund. As there is no usage! But every piece of crap support online is getting me no where. App is not working for me as I have no account visible. 24/7 chat is a joke and they don't help. I need to talk to someone asap on the phone but it keeps cutting me off. How do I do this without getting cut off as I don't have internet access anymore!!! Please help

@Linkoki wrote:

LAUREN121212121

Will ring them on momday pretending i want new services and then ask for cancellation. Its the only way to get a responsw from them. Im also going to the ACCC 

Cas-Ra
Support Team
Support Team

Hello @LAUREN121212121, that's not good to hear. You can cancel by calling 13 22 00 and say Cancel a Service, there may be a long wait though as phone support will be prioritsed for high risk and priority assist cases first. 

The easiest option is via the My Telstra App, under Get Help, then click the blue Messaging icon. Anyone can use this, you don't even need to be logged in, and the app will let you know when our support agents respond to assist you further.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Temp-Frustrated

Totally agree. These philipinos have no **bleep**en idea..No wonder the Telstra is **bleep**ed up.

I just signed up for a new internet deal and am really struggling. Fickem I just will not pay the bill until they fix my issues. Probably best to complain through ACCC or even fare trade.

Jupiter

The appropriate place to make complaints against Telecommunications companies is the Telecommunications Ombudsman (TIO) at tio.com.au

melzg

What kind of support is that Cas-Ra?  Telstra's service is absolutely shocking!!! ZERO customer service!  I honestly do not understand how you are even still in business!!!

Jupiter

That is the limit of what the Telstra Customer Service staff can do here. They cannot access Telstra's systems to provide actual customer service due to privacy issues on a social media platform (governed by the restrictions imposed by the Privacy Act). They can only direct you to where it may be obtained (and in the case of existing complaints with a reference number, send a message to the complaints manager asking that they get in contact with the complainant).

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit