Level 1: Cadet

Cancel service and receive refund

Answered

I have tried for so many months now to cancel service and receive refund. As there is no usage! But every piece of crap support online is getting me no where. App is not working for me as I have no account visible. 24/7 chat is a joke and they don't help. I need to talk to someone asap on the phone but it keeps cutting me off. How do I do this without getting cut off as I don't have internet access anymore!!! Please help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Cancel service and receive refund

The only way is to send a message using the My Telstra app on your mobile (blue icon, bottom right of Get Help screen). If Codi doesn't understand the question then type "Speak to a consultant" and you should be transferred to the queue to chat with a human. 

Barring that, you can lodge it as a formal complaint via https://telstra.com/complaints

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Accepted Solution

The only way is to send a message using the My Telstra app on your mobile (blue icon, bottom right of Get Help screen). If Codi doesn't understand the question then type "Speak to a consultant" and you should be transferred to the queue to chat with a human. 

Barring that, you can lodge it as a formal complaint via https://telstra.com/complaints

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Level 3: Gumshoe

You could also try phoning general support 132 200.

Also the business support number 132 000 I was able to speak to a native English speaker.

may be put on hold for ages however.

Level 1: Cadet

I have the same issue.

I spend 2 hours waiting on the phone and get cut off.

Telstra make it impossible to cancel an account, either through making themselves inaccessible or making processes so difficult you are required to call them - back to the impossible wait.

Telstra are a disgrace. 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit