Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Cancellation of account

I have moved back to the UK from Australia due to COVID-19 but have been unable to cancel my Telstra account since April 2020 before my departure. Tried dialling 132200 and would eventually get cut off due to priority being targeted to COVID-19 victims according to the recorded message. The chat service was no good either as it just hanged and never worked.

I am still receiving Telstra bills for a service that is no longer available as our previous residence has since been occupied by someone new. I desperately need to contact Telstra to get this account cancelled but have no clue how best I can do that now as there is no email either to use for communicating with them.

This is probably the worst experience I have ever had with any service provider. Hope someone can provide some direction or advise on how best to deal with this.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Cancellation of account

Load the My Telstra app onto your mobile and send a message (blue icon, bottom right of Get Help screen). If Codi tries to send you somewhere else, type "Speak to a consultant" and you should get transferred to the queue to chat to a human.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit