Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Cancellation of new land line install

Has anyone experienced the following with a Telstra Contractor??

1. Applied and spoke with a Telstra Sales for the install of a new (additional line for small business) home line - end of May/beginning of June 20 - Technician due to be onsite for the install on 26 June did not turn-up....After many many attempts to talk to someone via chat, explaining what the issue is, no reasonable solution - the same we will get back to you..

2. Install re-schedule for July 10th - technician turns up out the front of my house then drives away, I receive a phone call cancelling as the people working at the exchange are just to busy..the area is in Weston Creek Canberra

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Cancellation of new land line install

If it is a new line getting installed, then it is NBN Co that installs the line (not Telstra), and as far as people being too busy at the exchange; what exchange? FTTN connects to a Node in the street, and if you're lucky enough to be in the FTTP area, your new connection just plugs in to one of the other UNI-D sockets.

Sounds like someone is telling you porkies and they just didn't want to do the work.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

thanks for your reply - there is no NBN in my area (Weston Creek - ACT)..I do believe that the Contractor was telling porkies!..He represents Telstra which is not a good look ...refused to give me anyone's contact details to re-schedule!..

Highlighted

That's odd. The NBN Co website is showing all of Weston creek as being covered by NBN.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

Chapman to be more precise..

Highlighted

Chapman is 100% NBN enabled (other than 4 properties) and should have had non-NBN services cut off in January (which was paused due to Covid-19).

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit