Sunshine1
Level 1: Cadet

Cant create extra email mailbox in home broadband account

Answered

I cannot create extra mailboxes.

In MyAccount it says

"Want to add or close a mailbox?

To open a new mailbox or close an existing mailbox, log in to My BigPond. You'll be able to do this in My Account soon. If you closed a mailbox in the last 6 months, you'll be able to reactivate it by logging into webmail using the username and password of that email account. If you closed it more than 6 months ago, you won't be able to reactivate the account. Instead, create a new mailbox."

But when I go to MyBigpond there is no icon for creating extra email mailboxes.

Any idea how I can do it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ProfessorPhone
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Cant create extra email mailbox in home broadband account

Good morning

Please try this link:      http://go.bigpond.com/services/email/additional-mailboxes/

Have a great day...

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
ProfessorPhone
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Good morning

Please try this link:      http://go.bigpond.com/services/email/additional-mailboxes/

Have a great day...

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"

View solution in original post

JamesH66
Level 3: Gumshoe

I tried the link above and it brought me to a page where I had the option of viewing my mailboxes or setup for a new one.

When I tried the setup link it brought me to the 'My Services Page'

It then provided me with the following message.

My Services

We are working on activating your BigPond service. You can check the progress of your order by visiting our online

Order Tracker

Some of your online account functions are not available until your service is activated.

My service has been active for months now and I only have three mailboxes.

Not only am I stuck with an antiquated speed of plain ADSL, I can't even add mailboxes to my account.

Steph
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi JamesH66

Occasionally a situation can occur where our system doesn't fully close off an order correctly, making it look like it's still being completed. It sounds like this may have happened in your case.

If you have a chat with our Live Chat team:  http://tel.st/hsc3 they'll go through the orders on your account and can locate any that aren't  recorded off as complete, and lodge a request to have the order manually closed off.
Whilst it won't be an instantaneous process, once we've been able to close off the order you'll have access to all of these features.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

AMB69
Level 1: Cadet

James, did you ever manage to start that new mailbox?

I am just going around and around in circles between My Account, Account Services and Webmail.

The only thing I see is a message about reinstating deleted mailboxes.  They really don't want us to have extra boxes do they. 

Spoiler
FRUSTRATED-ALL I WANT IS MY FREE ADDITIONAL MAILBOX
Iain_T
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Amb69, 

The link below will give steps on how to set up an additional mailbox:

https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/email/manage/close-or-reopen-an-additional-mailbox

Our chat team here  http://tel.st/gq6m can also arrange this for you. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit