MahoneyLDP
Level 1: Cadet

Captive Portal - Modem not activating

We recently received a new modem from telstra and the tech set it up and told us that it will take a an hour or two to get going, that was two weeks ago. He also left us his number if something went wrong but it is the number for someone else entirely...

The problem is we are stuck in the Captive Portal stage of setting up the modem. We enter our details, which works, then we tick the box saying 'yes activate this modem' then nothing happens. We've tried leaving it for a few days, restarting the modem etc. nothing works.

We have tried calling to no avail, everytime they tell us they can 'see' the modem and it should be working in half an hour and that they will call back. This solves nothing everytime and they don't call back. I'm not sure where else to go.

I have PM'd DanK and Chi the problem but am yet to hear back.

Please help, we're cosidering changing ISP because two weeks is costing us a fortune in mobile data and I'm losing money from not having a desktop internet connection.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Shellock
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Captive Portal - Modem not activating

I can appreciate how this can be frustrating for you and it isn't the experience that we want for our customers.

I will send you a private message shortly with a link where you can supply your account and contact details as well as the MAC ID of your current modem.

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

freakyfreak
Level 1: Cadet

Hi,

I too am within seconds of installing a new DSL modem/router and was worried about MAC address issues and de-registering old modem etc.

With that in mind, placing the required link in your post would have been far more usefull rather than sending it to the other user direct. That way people like me searching the forums would have the answer also. Now I presume I would have to contact Telstra or post the question myself and await a response. This really should be far easier to find a solution to this, at the very least listed as a top FAQ when looking at support logged into My Bigpond.

ScottBarratt
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi freakyfreak

The link that Shelly provided was not an answer, it was a way in which she could obtain Mahoney's details to assist further. What issues/worries do you have in regards to your case?

Thanks.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit