Grugga_D
Level 1: Cadet

Changing existing internet plan

It says on my account I can change my internet plan once a month, but when I go to change it it refers to a 24mth min fee. We are a long term customer and already have the equipment. Are we contracting for 24mth or not?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Dowser
Level 20: Director

Re: Changing existing internet plan

Which plan are you referring to?.

cf4
Level 25: The Singularity

The 24 months minimum fee is for the remaining cost of the Telstra Smart modem which gets issued to new customers. If you are an existing customer and already have a modem you want receive a new modem and therefore will be charged for modem if you don't stay connected for 24 months. 

Dowser

@cf4 wrote:

If you are an existing customer and already have a modem you want receive a new modem and therefore will be charged for modem if you don't stay connected for 24 months. 

That is an ambiguous analysis. If the OP does not receive a new modern, they can’t be charged for one.

cf4

@Dowser 

Thanks for pointing out my mistake. I intended to say "If you are an existing customer and already have a modem you want receive a new modem and therefore will not be charged for modem if you don't stay connected for 24 months". but omitted the not

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit