fed_up1
Level 2: Rookie

Complaint never gets looked at

As you can no doubt tell from my user name I am FED UP. If anyone has any advise on how to escalate a complaint......

I have been trying to get a complaint with my Telstra nbn resolved or even adequately responded to since November 2020. the complaint relates to the nbn installation, which left the cable hanging across a side passage in a dangerous/tripping hazard state.

I have experienced:

- having the complaint closed without any action

- days and days on the sms chat system 

- hours on the phone or on hold

- being hung up on multiple times

- being transferred internally to closed departments 

- random calls from Telstra 'complaints' telling me they are closing the complaint 

- being misled 

I did get sent a Telstra technician in early March, after confirming with the call centre multiple times that the fault was with the nbn cable. The technician advised me he couldn't do anything as it relates to an nbn cable and he also advised the Telstra call centre people are useless and don't listen (not news to me I have to admit).

I thought I had found a light at the end of the tunnel with this link:

https://www.telstra.com.au/content/dam/tcom/personal/help/pdf/telstra-complaint-handling-process.pdf

Which gave me details of an ACTUAL person to contact for escalation, Michael Ackland (m.ackland@team.telstra.com). Alas, my email to him was also ignored. I don't know what else to do other than now pass all my records and emails in regard to this complaint over to the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman for review.  

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
11 REPLIES 11
Dowser
Level 20: Director

Re: Complaint never gets looked at

There are several means of lodging a complaint, detailed on the Support page https://www.telstra.com.au/contact-us/feedback-complaints/make-a-complaint

Once a case manager is assigned (allow a few business days) they will work to achieve resolution.

Keep a copy of all correspondence in case you decide to submit a complaint to the Telecommunications Ombudsman.

fed_up1

As stated above a complaint was lodged in November. I have tried to escalate the complaint via the complaints page, via the sms app and via phone. This has achieved nothing. A case manager was assigned in November. The case manager has yet to provide a resolution. 

Ozmoz
Level 22: Superhuman

Hi @fed_up1 

Sorry to hear about your issues not being resolved.

I had to escalate a complaint to the CEO's office before I got a resolution.

https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/contact-ceo-form 

Someone keeps putting vegetables in my beer crisper :-(

Footnote: I don't work for Telstra, I just try to help out fellow Telstra customers.
Dowser

You previously stated “having the complaint closed without any action”, which leads one to conclude that the complaint was closed.

You could lodge another complaint, as described.

fed_up1

Thank you @Ozmoz 

I have sent details via the link you provided and hopefully will get a response. Fingers crossed. 

Ozmoz

@fed_up1 wrote:

Thank you @Ozmoz 

I have sent details via the link you provided and hopefully will get a response. Fingers crossed. 

Hi @fed_up1 

I'd be very surprised if it's not sorted out via that method.

Let us know how you get on :-)

Footnote: I don't work for Telstra, I just try to help out fellow Telstra customers.
fed_up1

Hi, just to clarify, I raised a second complaint to get the original complaint reopened for more accurate tracking and reporting once I discovered it had been closed. I've also raised an additional complaint to question why the original complaint has not been adequately actioned. (you might notice a pattern of escalating desperation)

fed_up1

@Ozmoz 

Hi, just to update. I have had no response from Telstra via any of the methods by which I contacted them last week. It must be in the too hard basket for them. 

Ozmoz

@fed_up1 wrote:

@Ozmoz 

Hi, just to update. I have had no response from Telstra via any of the methods by which I contacted them last week. It must be in the too hard basket for them. 

Hi @fed_up1 

Hang in there, you will be in the queue. Going by a number of posts on Crowd Support there are a lot of valid complaints for them to deal with.

Dannyle
Level 3: Gumshoe

Tell me about it, i recently posted on here about the complaints handling on my complaint. I haven't had internet for almost a month now, i also got put in the too hard basket as case manager called me once over a week ago and never called me back.

In these situations we you should raise it with the TIO directly as soon as possible as TIO calso gives Telstra another 10 days to respond regardless of when you submitted your original Telstra complain.

fed_up1

Hi @Dannyle

think you are 100% correct. I have had zero response to all methods of contact I've used now in regard to a follow up on this complaint. Guess TIO is the only course of action I have left. It's all just so draining......

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit