cam_A
Level 1: Cadet

Congested Exchange - Moranbah

Hi, I live in a small town and rang up about issues with our speeds, the lady on the help desk said that we have perfectly fine speeds but I am not happy with 1-2 Mbits / sec when we used to get 8-9 a year or two ago.

She advised that the issue is not on our end, and that it is a problem with congestion in the exchange (DSLAM).

She advised a tech has been working on it, the only problem is Telstra has been telling us that for the past 2 years, yet nothing has been done.

When will this get fixed Telstra?? I am not the only one in my town complaining about it.

We won't be getting the NBN for atleast another 3 years, so waiting until then is not on, when we are paying decent money thinking we would get decent internet (understanding due to technical/geographical limits that we can't get the full 20Mbits/sec).

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Brodie_Telstra
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Congested Exchange - Moranbah

Hey Cam_A,

Congestion is a tricky issue. Congestion happens nation wide to a number of different exchanges. We have planning and action that is being done across the country to resolve these issues. You can check if your local exchange is getting an upgrade by viewing our upgrade lists,here, underneath DSLAM Backhaul Relief Smiley Happy

Brodie

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit