CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Congested Exchange

Answered

Hello

I live in a small town called milton on the south coast of NSW and have been having ongoing issues with Telsta ever since I moved here. My exchange is congested and Telstra have told me that its bad luck and they cant fix it or even connect me to ADSL2+.

NBN will not be in my town for another 5 years I have been told my NBN co. themselves.  My son and daughter are at the end of high school and cant finish their assesments when they can not load one website each. The maximum speeds we hit are about a 1.04 download and 66ms ping.

Is there any possible way our exchange can be upgraded?

We need help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 4: Private Eye
Accepted Solution

Re: Congested Exchange

If you don't have access to any other technology ie 3G and Telstra is the only option from the exchange you can't do anything. The speeds you are getting meet the minimum requirement.

The website/  forum on Whirlpool.net.au might be of some use, there are allot of tech savvy people on that site that may assist.

There may be other issues to your problem that the fine guys and gals on Whirlpool may help you with.

Goodluck!

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Unfortunately you don't have to live in a small town to have this problem. I live in a normal outer city suburb and am suffering the same fate and it won't get any better until the NBN comes through as there won't be any work done on the exchange. That is if that is the only problem, as that is what I have been told by Telstra as well, no upgrades or work as the NBN is being built.

Not good news I'm afraid, unless other technologies are available, ie 3G etc.

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

I can understand, But I was told today NBN wont be here for 3 years what are we gonna do when we can barely load anything?

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

If you don't have access to any other technology ie 3G and Telstra is the only option from the exchange you can't do anything. The speeds you are getting meet the minimum requirement.

The website/  forum on Whirlpool.net.au might be of some use, there are allot of tech savvy people on that site that may assist.

There may be other issues to your problem that the fine guys and gals on Whirlpool may help you with.

Goodluck!

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit