CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

connecting during covid 19

Answered

I have all the physical items I need to start with NBN but I am hesitant to turn it on. If something goes wrong is Telstra able to assist? I certainly can't get through to anyone via phone or online chat today. Should I stay with my old (existing) set up until the Covid 19 retsrictions have relaxed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 5: Eagle Eye
Accepted Solution

Re: connecting during covid 19

I had no issues setting up my NBN FTTP connection once the NBN hardware had been installed. Took me about 10 minutes all up, and it was ready to go without entering any details into the modem or anything. I'd say give it a try.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 5: Eagle Eye
Accepted Solution

I had no issues setting up my NBN FTTP connection once the NBN hardware had been installed. Took me about 10 minutes all up, and it was ready to go without entering any details into the modem or anything. I'd say give it a try.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

I dont have your answer except 'give it a try'. Guessing no one's home to help you? Follow the instructions -step-by-step, - I bet you are already on, right? I hope you are. Enjoy! If you aren't, go for it, enjoy that too. 
Oh, just read, you have another internet? Great, use that for instructions from YouTube (still running!)...  or someone tech savvy. I use my son. 
Not sure whether you've seen the Philippine News, dire sad, but Telstra Australia need to start employing some Australian based Call Centre to get us through this. I'd say it wouldn't be hard to get some takers for here, from here, at home. Telstra have the goods to set up an 'in-your-own-home-Telstra-Call' set up. People work for Telstra from their own homes, helping people like you. And me.

All the best,- in fact I could hear myself saying, "Enjoy your Telstra service now, good bye." 

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

I had no trouble setting up the smart modem for FTTN the day before the technician arrived (on schedule) to switch over to NBN. (In Brisbane). At first I was encouraged that the new modem alone improved my download from ADSL to about 13MBps from about 10 and improved the coverage around the house too. However it dropped out quite often and I was concerned because the box had been opened so I am suspicious. However after the switchover the modem doesn't drop out as much but the download speed has actually reduced back to 10MBps (on a 45MBps plan). The NBN technician said it is because I am too far from the node (about 1km). I was concerned about this and logged it when I signed up but was assured it would be OK and there is a 30day satisfaction guarantee). Unfortunately Telstra is now impossible to contact to follow up.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit